Parents for the love of gym...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

mariposa

Proud Parent
Proud Parent
My DD cracks me up lately. She seems to be in a stage where she ponders things a lot and usually her biggest worry is "Who will take me to gymnastics?" or similar worries.

Example. "Mama, we can't go visit grandma, she should come here. Because who would feed our fish?? And there is no gymnastics in Mexico, how would I go to gymnastics?"

Another one (which made me question my importance :eek:) "Mama, but what if something happened to you. Who would take me to gymnastics?" Nothing about missing me or anything.

Kids... you gotta love them.

Love it! My now 11 year old asked me when she was about 7, "Mummy, when you die can I have this house?" I was completely cracked up.:D Now I always tell her we're going to leave everything to the cats home when we die.

My girls also hate to travel when there is gymnastics, we have even gone to gyms in the UK and San Diego as they missed gym so much and I love to travel so much.

You should write down some of her "quotes", you'll look back on them very fondly. Funny how they think!

the first time i thought that gymnastics was the most important thing to my dd was this halloween - there was an optional practice for her group since it was halloween so i told her that you don't have to go to gymnastics tonight we can just go trickortreating - she said no way she was going to gymnastics first then if she got home in time she would go - she was the only girl in class that night :)

They had optional practice at our gym halloween too - and yes my dd was there. Personally I don't get it - when I was a kid nothing would keep me from trick-or-treating !!!!

Hmmm...first time I thought gymnastics was the most important thing for my DD was in rec when she was about 3-4 years old and just finished her 1 hour class. All week long she would ask "when can I go to tumble school again?" (She couldn't say gymnastics yet). Now she is on team (6 yr old) and practices about 10 1/2 hrs a week. She misses B-day parties all the time because she doesn't want to miss going to the gym even though we tell her we will pull her early. Her dedication at this early age scares me sometimes.

my girls i love how I can use it against them!! LOLif they are not listening boy do they start as soon as I say guess Gymnastics is out !! LOL!!

Kids!!

luckily halloween didn't fall on a gym day last year. she loves halloween. we do a huge party each year though with our homeschool group, so she probably would have wanted to go to gym since she had her halloween already.

when she moves to team, they practice MWF and Fridays is our homeschool park day and girl scouts. we aren't planning on doing fridays for awhile, but she is bummed about leaving park early. i am thinking that we might just skip fridays until our "School year" is over. then next year, it will already be a part of what life is like and she won't even realize we are leaving early. she loves park day and girl scouts, so we will just have to make it work. she is a little girl and needs to have other fun besides gym.

it is just so funny how everything goes back to gym.

"but mom, what if someone steals our van. how will i get to gymnastics?"

and last night after watching waverly wizards on disney.

"oh mom, i wish i was a wizard, then you wouldn't have to drive me to gymnastics, i could get there myself."

the first time i thought that gymnastics was the most important thing to my dd was this halloween - there was an optional practice for her group since it was halloween so i told her that you don't have to go to gymnastics tonight we can just go trickortreating - she said no way she was going to gymnastics first then if she got home in time she would go - she was the only girl in class that night :)

Our class was not cancelled but DD didn't care if she went Trick or treating. We had gone to Walt Disney World and she attened the Halloween party there so she was happy. That being said she went to the gym for practice and she ended up having a private and got home with time to go out trick or treating. She was on cloud nine. Of course the next practice she put her foot in her mouth asking if she could work on her tucks in the pit again. Her coach was shhhhing her because the rest of the class hadn't gotten to try them yet. It was something special since she was the only one. :p

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back