Parents For those who have a beam at home

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

LTmom

Proud Parent
How do you cover the legs? Just a low beam with no actual raised legs, I’m talking about the metal support “feet” that sit on the ground. Custom made ones are crazy expensive like the price of the beam. Did anyone DIY? Thank you.

My DH made my DD's beam. We used a layer of quilt batting underneath the suede for some padding, and I had a ton left, so I wrapped the wooden legs with that. It isn't pretty, but it works very well.

How do you cover the legs? Just a low beam with no actual raised legs, I’m talking about the metal support “feet” that sit on the ground. Custom made ones are crazy expensive like the price of the beam. Did anyone DIY? Thank you.

I cut a slit into a pool noodle and duct taped them onto the legs.

Thank you for the ideas. Before posting, I had wanted to use a pool noodle as they are cheap and easy to get, but I’m worried that if DD lands on the pool noodles, there isn’t enough “give” and she might roll her ankle. :( I decided to get one of those cheap mattress egg crate toppers, cut it up, and tie it onto the legs. Ugly, but cheap and I hope it’ll work. :)

Thank you for the ideas. Before posting, I had wanted to use a pool noodle as they are cheap and easy to get, but I’m worried that if DD lands on the pool noodles, there isn’t enough “give” and she might roll her ankle. :( I decided to get one of those cheap mattress egg crate toppers, cut it up, and tie it onto the legs. Ugly, but cheap and I hope it’ll work. :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back