for txgymfan- update!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

B

bribri514

i am very humbled that you had been thinking of me!

for everyone who was wondering where oh where i disappeared too, it was college! i walked on to the gym team at my college this year. unfortunately i was not able to compete with the ncaa. the coach is such a great guy but he has a very very solid team (full of amazing wonderful girls! i just love them all) full of great AAs. i've pretty much stopped doing beam. i had a nasty fall on it at the end of my senior year at state (bonked my head on a dismount) and had another surgery for tubes in my inner ear before i left for college and have just decided that i'm done with that app! lol. so anyway right now i have been able to continue training with the team, but not being on the roster (and not starting any ncaa eligibility). only one girl graduated this year, but i am hoping to improve my event routines on fx and vt (ncaa rules are pretty much usag jo lv10 but with some modifications) to hopefully be able to compete in a meet or two next season. i have also started focusing my major down to health education or exercise science and want to work with our sports medicine department.

i have not been able to dedicate as much time to gym as i would like, college classes are much harder than high school! with the disability resource center, i have to spend a certain amount of time with a tutor and my interpreter. this summer i got a job at a camp for the Deaf in oregon and have been loving it!

i am just so glad i have been able to come back into the gymnastics world. if i can't even compete that's okay, it's been a great opportunity. i'm hoping that after college i can start a gym program for Deaf/hoh kids, but that might be a little too idealistic!

anyway i'm glad to be back on CB and hope to stick around now that i'm in the routine of things :)

Wow! You've had quite the year. Congrats on surviving the first year of college! It can definitely be hard juggling academics and sports as well as making friends and living the college experience, but you sound like you're handling it all quite well. I found that managing it all got easier as the years went by--the classes get harder, but much more interesting as you get further into your major, and the rest of it becomes routine and just falls into place.

Sounds like the gymnastics is exactly what you were looking for! I'm sure you'll get your chance to compete soon with all the work you've been putting into it.

Good luck and thanks for the update!

WOW!!! I am so impressed with you! You knew what you wanted, and you did what you had to do to accomplish your goals!!!! You GO!!! I'm sure that w/your dedication and hard work, you WILL be competing in the future. You'll have to let us know which college you chose (I THINK I remember you posting about college choices). If you're close by, we'd love to take our gymmies over to see!!

I wondered what you were up to. I'm so glad you were too busy living life to be posting on a board. Just what you should be doing at your age. Hope you make a couple of event next year. Good Luck and can't wait to see the videos when you do!!!

Bribri thanks so much for the update!!! So happy to hear things are going well:D!!! You go girl, there's nothing you can't do if you put your mind to it!!! You are such an awesome gymnast & an inspiration:D!!! So happy to see you posting here on CB once again. Welcome back!!!

Bri so glad you are back here, you have been missed and often mentioned as such a great role model. SO glad your first year at college went well and that you have been able to pursue gym and your studies.

I still think of you every time I drive past that town on the highway your family comne from. Always a nice reminder. Hope you get to visit us more often here, your input would be most welcome.

Bri,

I did not expect to be mentioned in a title. I don't always have much to post here but as a teacher I was always impressed withh your spunk and dedication. The other thread mentioned that your boyfriend is a hockey player so it sounds like school is going great from all perspectives.

I am so glad that you are pursuing a career where you will be guiding young athletes, it seems like a perfect fit. You are working out, figuring out your future and having a social life. That is an excellent start to college you should be Very Proud of yourself.

Please take a minute during your studies to let us know how you are doing. We will be cheering from home for your first competing college meet.

Thanks again for the update,

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back