WAG Force going through the body when tumbling

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

coach1234

Coach
i am doing an article on gymnastics and one of the things i need to talk aboutis the pressure gymnasts bodies go through, i have seen a picture somewhere, facebook/twitter/intsagram about how much force the body goes through when tumbling but i cant remember for the life of me where i saw it and now cannot find it
does anyone know how much force the body goes through when tumbling?

well yes, but you need to know the weight of the gymnast to translate the mass times force issues.

example: a double back landing is the equivalent of jumping down from 2 stories (20 feet) and landing on the ground. and approx 14 times the persons body weight.

you may have seen the schematic in Dr. George's postings on Facebook. go there and look.

I've actually heard that when you land a tumbling pass with flight, the amount of force put on your joints is around 3 times your body weight! Hope this helps :)

I've actually heard that when you land a tumbling pass with flight, the amount of force put on your joints is around 3 times your body weight! Hope this helps :)

well...if that kid weighs 30 lbs. gymnasts generate weigh (pun intended) more force than that.

3 times your body weight would be the equivalent of a standing back tuck for most athletes. :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back