WAG Forster bar

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

mommyof1

Proud Parent
I'm generally opposed to home equipment and home gymnastics practice, out of concern over injury and reinforcement of bad habits. But that Forster bar that Sk8rmaiden posted on the updates thread looks like it might be a fun and useful thing for my bars-obsessed daughter, who was supposed to be moving up to train L6 after states and was working giants and free hip to handstand. Are there any downsides to getting her this thing and letting her do some drills from YouTube? Coach opinions especially welcome.

Definitely a great tool for bars development, but she must be very squeezed and in good shape otherwise most of the drills won't work.

Get it. They are great. If she does it wrong she will feel it or collapse at the end. Make sure that she starts going down a cheese or a folded up panel or a couch cushion.
Yes, exactly this. It is not very expensive. Both of my girls have been occasionally using it to keep the feel of their freehip handstand. We initially bought it a long time ago when my youngest was learning her freehip, and it really helped her.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back