Fourteen days! Ouch!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

Gracefulclutz

I just went on vacation on a week of practice and now that I'm back we have another week off for our summer schedule switch. I really don't want to be that far behind anything I can do to stay in tip top shape for practce next next Tuesday?

Urgent

Dont want to sound too desperate but I am I really need your help :) URGENT!

Just do some basic conditioning and stretching at home, work on the muscles that are your weakest. You could make up your own conditioning lists, and workout an hour or so every day, to stay in shape. Also, stretch whenever. I used to watch tv in splits when I was little, and also jumprope and do wall sits with the tv.

Listen to some good music, and take a run! :)

I have off for almost 2 weeks from gym so i was worried about the same thing. My coach suggested I do some conditioning and stretching on my own at home. Nothing too hard, but enough to keep you from totally losing strength and flexibility. So what I've been doing is doing some workout stuff during TV commercials. I'll be sitting there watching TV, and when the commercial comes on I try to do as much as I can of a certain thing until the show comes back on. And then the next commercial break, something else. And so on. Not like your really doing anything during commercial breaks anyway. I usually do some V-ups and push-ups and something for legs, but you can do whatever you want to do if you don't like those (or do whatever you need to do). I've done that every other day, and on days when I'm not doing that I go running. But I actually like running so its not as much of a chore for me as it is for some other gymnasts but its still good for ya.

Let us know what u end up doing!

Just make sure you stretch out your muscles a little, and maybe even some conditioning. You will probably be a little rusty and out of shape when you go back to the gym, but don't worry because you will be in 'tip top' shape soon enough!

if ur really crazy and you want my conditioning lists (from tearing my ACL) i can send them to you:p. But i wouldn't recommend it cuz it takes like... 2 hrs.

I went back to gym yesterday. I stoved my finger and am SUPER sore. It hurt to go up the steps I tried to stretch out but am still sore. Any advice
for getting "un-sore" would be great. I have to go back tomorrow. *scrunches up face in pain* :) thanks everybody!

Even though it hurts right now, it will definately help if you stretch at home before you go back to gym. I don't know when your practice is, so this might be too late, but I hope it helps. Good luck!

Take an epsom salt bath, it helps your muscles when they are sore. Add two cups and soak for at least 12 minutes, and dont worry, as much pain as you are in now your muscles will eventually heal and you will be stronger. :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back