Freak Coincidence

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

gracefulone

Ok, so I recently quit gymnastics because it wasn't in my heart anymore...I love pole vault too much.

One girl who used to be on my team, switched and competed for high school her junior/senior year, and also picked up pole vaulting. She went to state last year and did really well. She ended up going to UW-Oshkosh and was doing gymnastics there when...she came home one weekend and wanted to quit, for pretty much the same reasons as I did, and she wanted to focus on pole vaulting. It was so weird.

It seems a lot of people quit gymnastics (actually, I prefer the term retire) and go into diving or polevaulting or cheerleading. I guess it is just a natural thing to do. All of those sports are somewhat gymnastics related so it seems like you are just moving on rather than totally giving it up.

Then today, I found out my godparents' daughter (HS freshman) just joined gymnastics this year! I gave my balance beam. :)

Once a gymnast, always a gymnast... I don't think you can ever leave it behind completely (so you dive/ pole vault etc).
I've taken up yoga so I'm still flexible. And kick boxing :D

Are you feeling better for leaving gym, Gracefulone?

They say you can take the gymnast out of gymnastics, but you can never take the gymnastics out of the gymnast ;)

Haha. I feel really good. I mean I cried when I went to the home meet, but it was because I knew I had disappointed my teammates when I left.

I coach, so I'm still in the gym. My friend Jason and I do yoga together, actually. I've done it for awhile, but it has been fun hanging out with him more. Track starts in 49 days!

That is really odd. i quit gym when I was in 5th grade and now I just do dance and volleyball.

I have a friend that follows pole vaulting and has found that many women that move on to State, National or even Olympic levels were gymnasts at one time:)! Even here locally, I have known many gymnasts that have gone on to pole vaulting and have loved it! Actually coaches really like to keep an eye on the gymnasts (or ex gymnasts) to recruit;)!

I have a friend that follows pole vaulting and has found that many women that move on to State, National or even Olympic levels were gymnasts at one time:)! Even here locally, I have known many gymnasts that have gone on to pole vaulting and have loved it! Actually coaches really like to keep an eye on the gymnasts (or ex gymnasts) to recruit;)!

One of the top vaulters from Russia was actually on the Russian National Gymnastics Team!

haha that is weird. lol.

and for awhile i was thinking about doing pole vault in college, but i'm too busy being a music major with ensembles and stuff. but i wasn't even considering gym hah. and i coach some rec girls!

i also know two girls on the uw-oshkosh team.

hope pole vault is going well!! =) keep us posted!

Ohhh I will :D I am so excited to start that camp. 20 min warmup, 40min pit time, 30 min wall work, 30 min rope work, 30 min floor drills (warmup is first, but the rest are in an undesidnated order). I will be soooo happy

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back