Parents "Freak meet"today!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

THANKS Gymmonkeymomma,

If you click onto the level 4's there are results posted but you can see they are incomplete. In my DD's group there were 3 girls that didn't get to go. My DD is in the #5 slot for AA but had those other girls gone her score might have gone down since US gym is pretty good. But still it was nice to see how well she really did do. Oh well!

THANKS EVERYONE!

I tried to post last night, had a nice long post going and *poof* would not post and dissapeared! We switched over to Fios and it seems to have slowed my computer down instead of speeding things up!

Anyway, thanks everyone for all the congrats. DD needed that confidence boost even if it didn't involve medals. She still doesn't fully understand scores and AA stuff, but she knew she did good and was excited that this meet they were giving out actual medals. This year I guess with the economy we have only received ribbons and only medals for AA, so I think she was looking forward to that clink, clanking like her teamates had last year. She good now though...I showed her her scores that were posted (thanks to gymmonkeymama) and she could SEE that she did well! Our gym is hosting a meet New Years weekend and the team girls raised funds to bring SHAWN JOHNSON in. (gymmonkeymama she will be there on SAT for 2 sessions am and pm so I hope your girls will be there!) I'm sure that will make her happy & we can put our "freak meet" behind us now.

Is the host gym going to send awards out to the gyms, the fees were paid and the girls should get something.

Love that clinking sound of medals banging together, I think I'll go to DD's room and play with a few!!!

Bog,

Haven't heard anything yet about awards. DD's coach is in Maryland for a L5 meet. As much as I would love for DD to get something, it just wouldn't be fair to the other 3 (age 6/7 girls) would weren't able to finish. In some of the other age groups there were a couple that weren't able to finish either. Mostly floor though. If we had only 15 more minutes I am sure they could have all finished, but that 15 minutes is what they needed to get us out of the gym. As I told DD, this was just one of those unplanned things and I'm sure other girls were having the meet of their lives too. One girl from DD's team got a 9.7 on floor...she was amazing! Every girl that particiapted from all the gyms does deserve some sort of recognition though. Maybe they could send everyone a medal for just particiapting with their scores (up til the black-out,LOL) on it so they have something from that meet. At least for the little ones.

The clanky-clank clank of medals......last year my DD hardly received any hardware at all, LOL and learned how to be a gracious loser, but couldn't wait for some podium time this year with medal opportunities of her own. She used to go up to teamates to touch & admire all their medals. This year it's mostly ribbons, which is OK too, but not the same sound as a good clanky-clank!

The clanky-clank clank of medals......last year my DD hardly received any hardware at all, LOL and learned how to be a gracious loser, but couldn't wait for some podium time this year with medal opportunities of her own. She used to go up to teamates to touch & admire all their medals. This year it's mostly ribbons, which is OK too, but not the same sound as a good clanky-clank!

My oldest hasn't won a medal for two years, a few ribbons, but they don't clank!!! They only ever give medals to the top 3 here and the groups are usually 27-30 deep, so winning a few medals is rare. Both my girls have their fingers crossed for a few this year!! I'd happily pay a littl emore for the m to go out further with the medals, after all it is supposed to be fun, isn't it?

I am sure seeing her name so high up on that list was awesome for her!! You should print it out and frame it. :D She did awesome. I hope they send the medals, it is part of your entrance fee, so they should.

Our gym is hosting a meet New Years weekend and the team girls raised funds to bring SHAWN JOHNSON in. (gymmonkeymama she will be there on SAT for 2 sessions am and pm so I hope your girls will be there!)

We've been trying to convince our coaches (hee hee, being on the Parents Association board does have some privileges) that we should go to your meet! Right now we are waiting to hear from Parkettes (waiting list) so if that bombs, we can try to push for yours again if it's not too late!

Blackie

My dd's gym will be at the meet. Dd is competing on Saturday morning, 8am report time. She'll be competing level 8. It's our next meet and I am looking for to it.

Can I let dd know that Shawn Johnson will be there,is it absolutely definite?

If you can't get in, why don't you come anyway to see Shawn? I will give you the times when I find out myself. All I know right now is she is LOCKED in for 2 sessions. One in the morning and one in the afternoon! While she is doing some "team" stuff, she will be there for the public too!

Granny....Shawn is 100% for Sat! I am working two sessions on Sat and since my DD is considered too young still to be there to "work" the meet I have to make arrangements to get her there with DH for Shawn. I just don't know the times yet. All I know is she is there for 2 sessions...one in AM and one in PM!

Yeah, I hope dd gets to see her! Once you get times I'll then let her know.

Maybe you will be working dd's session. She is considered a Level 8 Jr.

Granny....Shawn is 100% for Sat! I am working two sessions on Sat and since my DD is considered too young still to be there to "work" the meet I have to make arrangements to get her there with DH for Shawn. I just don't know the times yet. All I know is she is there for 2 sessions...one in AM and one in PM!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back