French Help??

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

As some of you might know I collect gyymnasts' autographs by writting to them. I am a HUGE fan of Youna Dufourent and want to write to her. I only know minimal French (mostly ballet terms and expressions) and I don't trust translators. Could anyone help me?

I've taken a lot of French, and would be willing to help, but I'm sure there are people on here better than me. :)

I love reverso, If you write simple English sentences it does a good job of translating them. I speak passable Quebec French, but that is not much like French from France.

I used reverso...can you guys check it to see if it makes sense?

Mon nom est {my name}. J'ai 14 ans et un danseur de ballet. Je vis aux États-Unis. J'aime voyager et aimerais venir en France. Mes arrière-grands-parents sont venus en États-Unis de la France. Combien d'enfants de mêmes parents vous ont-ils ? J'ai deux soeurs. Vivez-vous à la maison ou à un centre de formation ? Qu'aimez-vous faire pour l'amusement ? Dansent en plus j'aime nager, la photographie, scrapbooking et la lecture.

J'ai voulu vous faire part quel un grand supporter(ventilateur) d'entre vous je suis. J'ai aussi voulu à congradulate vous sur votre Médaille Mondiale. J'attends avec impatience de vous voir dans plus de compititions et aux Jeux olympiques 2012.

Merci de lecture et bonne chance,
{my name}
*Could vous signez s'il vous plaît les photos ci-jointes pour moi ? Remerciements

My name is {my name}. I am 14 years old and a ballet dancer. I live in the United States. I love to travel and would love to come to France. My great-grandparents came to the United States from France. How many siblings do you have? I have two sisters. Do you live at home or at a training center? What do you like to do for fun? Besides dance I like swimming, photography, scrapbooking, and reading.

I wanted to let you know what a big fan of you I am. I also wanted to congradulate you on your World Medal. I look forward to seeing you in more compititions and at the 2012 Olympics.

Thanks for reading and good luck,
{my name}

*Could you please sign the enclosed photos for me? Thanks

For 'My name is', you'll want to say je m'appelle instead of mon nom est

I live should be j'habite instead of je vis

For could you sign...pourriez-vous signez

Those are the big things I noticed-I didn't read into too much detail right now though.

Remove the ventilator in brackets, that just means fan, but the cooling type and was put their by reverso as an alternative translation.

The rest is fine, make the changes Gracefulone said though.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back