french

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

So I have noticed around the site that some of you are from Canada and you guys speak french. I'm in honors french IV in my high school and twice per grading period every has to give a couple minute speech about something, and of course what always pops into my head is gymnastics. Do you guys know how to say the names of the events in french? I doubt my teacher would know, and a translator would probably make me say something really off with a bizarre translation.

Barres Assymetriques - bars

poutre - beam

sol - floor

table de saut ou cheval - vault

If you want names of gymnastics skills in french I can send you a link to a website, If I can remeber where it is!

Bonne chance

That link would be awesome! I take HS French too and even my teacher doesn't know what the words are.

Merci beaucoup. C'est hyper chouette! :D Je les utiliserai beaucoup pour parler avec mon ami de la classe de francais. (Il faisait la gymnastique, mais pas de plus).

Thought I'd type in French to prove my savvy!!lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome girl!!! You write very well, I do not!!! I understand a huge amoung, I speak quite well, but writing AGH!!!!! I know the board has at least one member who is Francophone but goes to an English school, she would be very helpful and better than those odd online translators!

Merci Beaucoup! Je vais etudier tout les mots de gymnastiques pour parler avec notre 'coach" qui parle Francais(et Russe). Une autre fois...merci, merci!

Awesome girl!!! You write very well, I do not!!! I understand a huge amoung, I speak quite well, but writing AGH!!!!! I know the board has at least one member who is Francophone but goes to an English school, she would be very helpful and better than those odd online translators!

Thanks! I skipped a year of French at school because I learn very quickly.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back