Parents Friendship Cup Meet ~first tears were shed

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Bless her little heart. She had a rough go of it but I thought she was fabulous! She always impresses me. I know I'm mom but I'm just so in love with this little girl!

We had to get up really early to get there which probably didn't help the matter. We had to drive to one town to drop my boys off and then to another for the meet. We got there 30 minutes early and had to wait in the car (it was cold) because they would not open the doors until the girls had to be on the floor.

Pixie was soOo excited because she had such a blast at the last meet. Things started well. Actually really well! And we thought it was a good sign of things to come.

First up:

Bars: she over-rotated on her stride circle at the last meet so I was curious to see if she would do it again this meet. Nope! It was a very solid routine and the judges thought so as well! Pixie received her first USAG 9! Woohoo!!

9.15 ~ 1st place!!

Beam: Her routine was going along really well until her scale. I don't know what happened. It looked like her center of gravity was too far forward and she fell right off the beam! I've never seen such a crushed look on my little girl's face! It broke my heart!! She had never fallen on the scale or off the beam in the middle of the routine for that matter. She had issues with her dismount, in the past, but she worked that out. This was so random and out of the blue. It just flustered her. She got back on the beam but was so shaken she really was just lost for a second. She collected herself and finished with the best dismount she has ever done in a meet!

8.25 ~ 6th place

Floor: I couldn't see Pixie between the two events so I couldn't gage her demeanor. Well, it is obvious that she is still upset! The floor was just not what I am used to seeing from her. Still a great routine in my eyes but there were several missteps and bobbles and lots of loose legs....it just "wasn't her". But she did add this cute little strut as she walked out onto the floor that just made me giggle, lol!

8.65 ~ 5th place

Vault: Never her strongest event but she seems to pull out her best vaults in the meets. Not this time. I think she is just too upset at this point. Her signature booty vault, haha! I love it but the judges don't ;)

8.6 ~ did not place

All Around: 34.65 5th place out of 14 girls ages 6-9 years

Pixie is still trying to figure out this USAG meet thing. On the way home she asked why she didn't get anything for her vault. I explained to her that USAG level 4 is not like level 4 where you got a ribbon or medal regardless of where you placed. I went on to tell her that she should be very happy and proud of herself because even though she fell off the beam she still got a medal for it and not all little girls at the meet even got one medal, at all! Not to mention she got first place on the bars!! Even though she was competeing against little girls who were two years older than her and had been in level 4 for a couple of years. I think I finally got her to understand a bit. It's hard to comprehend that as a 7 year old.

She was still so mad about falling off the beam. Little tears started buliding up in her big brown eyes and she said to me "mommy, that beam was made of plastic!". huh!?! lol! I just adore you, Pixie!!

I promised her that we would make this a very special video! she picked out the songs and sparkles. Oh, and the colors, too!! She really enjoys making these videos with me. I think it makes her feel famous, hehe!

[youtube]sC7MUIKQ8Q4[/youtube]

~hugs from me & Pixie

Last edited:
Even with the fall she did great!! Not only did she place on beam but she placed in the all-around. She should be very proud of herself! :)

Awww! She is so stinkin CUTE! Emma was like her and never feel off...and when she did, she was devastated! Her little face just makes you want to reach in and hug her! What awesome scores though! She did great! Despite a bad break on beam she really rocked! I do not believe they should group all those ages together. Simply not fair. For her to place so well with those ages is really an accomplishment! She should be very proud!

Hi, nettyinpa! That's what I was trying to explain to her. I think she is starting to understand. Thanks you so much!!

Emma's mom, you are so sweet! thank you for those cheerful words! I can't wait to let Pixie read them! I think her scores were great too! And I don't know what was up with grouping the little girls with the bigger girls. Pixie was lucky. There were several of the younger girls that didn't receive any medals. I think realizing she could have not received a medal at all helped ease the sting of the fall!

Thank you, gymgramma! Hugs to you!!

Last edited:
The first time my dd placed 1st on bars, she also fell on the beam, on the dismount. BB was the last event, and she cried all the way until they called her up for 1st on bars.

Luckily she looks back on that now and kind of giggles. You just never know how a meet will go, and it seems like she was able to stay focused after that, though maybe not as much as usual. She did a great job. Unfortunately my DD's teammate just got her first two 9's at their last meet, and didn't place on either event. You just never know . . .

Tell her she did great!

WOW!!!! She did really amazing!!! I think she did awesome despite the fall on beam. She had really great scores and finished really high. You should be really proud of her. She is doing awesome for being so young--very poised for 7!!!! Congrats!

I think she did great. Tell her congrats! She is so adorable and she really has improved so much since moving up to USAG L4. All gymnasts fall off on beam sometime, just get back up there and keep going. :D

I saw the meet on youtube earlier, she did great! Way to go! Congratulations!

Let me 1st say that she is adorable!!!! Now let me say...she is a very talented gymnast!!! Congratulations Pixie!!! She is already learning some very important lessons & gaining competition experience...it can be "hard" to perform on equipment your not used too. That is part of the challenge of this sport. But she got back up & finished her routine...another lesson learned...the show must go on! I think she did a fantastic job:D! Way to go Pixie!!!

She did great and her scores were really good, her form is great! I wish you could of seen my daughter last year when she was Pixie's age as a 1st year level 4, she was not nearly as composed as tight as Pixie! My daughter this year just scored her 1st 9 and got a 35.6 this is her 2nd year as a level 4 our all time high bar score was her last meet at a 8.8! Pixie can only get better and I am sure next year when she is older she will handle not getting the perfect score or medals much better my daughter is like a different child this year.

I thought she did an excellent job! I loved the music she picked for the video, and her beam score is better than some of the girls at out gym without falling!;) Tell Pixie congratulations from us! :)
Snowbound

Pixie is adorable...and she is indeed a pixie! Just watching her brings a smile to my face:). I think she did great. I am so impressed by her coupe turns and half turns - they are beautiful! That is such a hard skill to have control on, and she looks like a dancer doing them (even on the beam!).

Congratulations, Pixie, you did great!

Congrats to Pixie on a really good meet. Each meet is a learning experience. At this one she learned that falls happen(and they happen to everyone!), its just how she learns to handle them that makes her a better competitior.

Many USAG meet do give "participation" ribbons. I know in our state, L4 and 5 all get ribbons on each event(different colors based on score), so nobody leaves those meets empty handed.

Rock on Pixie---you're doing great.

Oh my! You are all so, so sweet! I just adore this chalk bucket family!!

Your kind words have meant so much to Pixie! I think she has grown a bunch, as a gymnast, from this experience. And you all have helped her ease the hurt with your kindness! Big hugs to all of you!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Absolutely beautiful bars routine! My DD is way impressed. That darn beam, sometimes they just fall off out of the blue.:(

She did great...she should be very proud.

Thank you, Madugym! It's hard to believe how well her bars are coming along when at the beginning of the season (Sept here) she didn't even have her stride circle or her FHC!

Yep, that darn beam gobblin pushed her right off the beam! You can't see him but he did it right in the middle of her scale! lol!

She is proud! And so are we :)
Whenever I need her or call her I say "I need the bars champ to go brush her teeth" or something to the effect and she just giggles. It hasn't gotten old to her yet. hehe!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back