WAG Front handspring front vault

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Aelin

Gymnast
I am a second-year level 9 who just started competing a front handspring front tuck vault, but I haven’t yet been able to land it in competition. My coaches say my form is usually correct and that the only way to get the hang of the landing is to practice the vault as many times as possible. I agree that more repetitions will help, but are there any other drills I can do to get the air awareness without full-out vaulting all the time?

You can visualize. If it only happens at meets (iT sounds like you land iT in practice comsistently), then iT might be the nerves.

You can visualize. If it only happens at meets (iT sounds like you land iT in practice comsistently), then iT might be the nerves.
Thanks I’ll definitely have to try this! I’m actually not super consistent during practice either, but more so than at meets.

they are hard, Flip flip timer. spend time on just timers etc...

If you have a trampoline at your gym, doin lots of repetitions of double front tucks and pikes can be a great drill. Doing them with forward travel and landing on a resi or other big mat is an even better variation. An additional progression is to learn front kabooms and progress them to double front kabooms. These can all help greatly with developing air awareness for double forward salto skills.

If you have a trampoline at your gym, doin lots of repetitions of double front tucks and pikes can be a great drill. Doing them with forward travel and landing on a resi or other big mat is an even better variation. An additional progression is to learn front kabooms and progress them to double front kabooms. These can all help greatly with developing air awareness for double forward salto skills.
Okay thanks for the advice!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back