Front Handspring Help !!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

1. DO NOT DO HANDSPRINGS IN YOUR LIVING ROOM. I am a coach and a gymnast, and trust me if you hurt yourself and have to tell the coach why, they are not going to be happy.

2. Block more off your hands. You need more push. Looks to me like you're sort of falling to the squat. I'll look again when I have some more time.

Uhmmm.. no where near enough room to get even close to the entry you need unless you have one heck of a power hurdle. I'm not very tall and my power hurdle front handspring takes up about 20 feet and I'm not a gymnast. I agree that you need to put it in the gym. This would also give us a wider angle view to see the entry. Most of the front handspring is the entry. The rest is shapes, squeezing and bouncing.

um...you might as well try one in an elevator or your bedroom closet. nothing wrong as far as i can see... i think you could do it!:)

um...you might as well try one in an elevator or your bedroom closet. nothing wrong as far as i can see... i think you could do it!:)

The only thing I can see on the video are bent arms and head position wrong !

Arms stay straight and when you practice the front handspring , always look at your arms. That means the head goes back !!! One of the few elements where your head goes back !!! To be able to do that though you need a gym, a safe place to practice ...

The only thing I can see on the video are bent arms and head position wrong !

Arms stay straight and when you practice the front handspring , always look at your arms. That means the head goes back !!! One of the few elements where your head goes back !!! To be able to do that though you need a gym, a safe place to practice ...

mad04, i was joking.:) dumb american tongue in cheek humor. understand?:)

Straighten your arms and push from your shoulders, also try to push your hips up towards the ceiling rather than letting them drop into the squat position. Don't think about arching your back more, I was always taught to push off from the floor then snap into a hollow position to rebound. Lastly, don't lift your upper body too soon, let it rise naturally with the movement.
Good Luck.:)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back