Front handspring Yurchenko's

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

blantonnick

Coach
Judge
I played around with front handspring yurchenko's while I lived in the States a few years ago...basically front handspring onto the board then a viariety of preflights including basic front handspring and round off's (a full turn on could be possible). Was wondering if anyone else has ever played with this? Its not in the code but I think it could be a possible vault in the future. If you do happen to play with it or coach someone to do it just be aware the table/stackmats you are going to preflight onto from the board comes VERY fast;)
any thoughts???

Kids at my gym often times ask me about this kind of vault. It isn't in the mens code, and there are rules that are in place right now that prevent an athlete from even doing these vaults. Fun, but nothing that I could ever see being useful.

i never really understood the point of that vault since the run isnt judged. the only reason to yurchenko is so you can come in backwards. so i dont see a point in front handspringing onto the board.

i never really understood the point of that vault since the run isnt judged. the only reason to yurchenko is so you can come in backwards. so i dont see a point in front handspringing onto the board.

Considering this is the only reason, it sure makes Nemov's vaults look quite ironic, dont you think? RO 1/2 on in preflight. Why even do it? The answer, the technical advancement of gymnastics will always be constant... whether its successful or not is another question (cross ring swing, flipping dismounts off the pommel horse to name a few unsuccessful ones). In the future, someone will explore submitting it to the FIG I would be willing to bet.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back