Parents Front Handspring

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

aerials

Proud Parent
My dd can't seem to manage a decent front handspring on the floor or on the vault. She is a level 4 and has had all of her skills for almost a year now but this is giving her trouble. It's not a strength issue she can just about do the level 5 bar routine and has her back tuck on floor. She also is running like she has never ran before in vault. :) But when she puts her hands down it's like there is super glue on the floor/vault, she is not blocking at all. I think she just does not understand blocking although they have been working on it forever. She does have a private to work on this issue but I am curious if anyone else has seen this before.

Any ideas of what this could be? Thanks.

Our L4 girls do this drill for one of their 'vault' stations. Of course they are not as powerful and balanced as Ms. Brenna, but they can do two or three in row on floor or tumbletrack. Or they do handstand on the floor and 'jump' onto mat. Hope it makes sense (English is not my 1st language)

Well...her problem is in her pre flight (for vault) in her arms. She doesn't have enough energy in the pre flight and she is going in with her head tucked way down so when her hands touch her body just stops and slows down. The private was a big help. Has anyone seen this kind of problem before though?

Good news is that her problem is not with blocking. Her coach feels that if she can fix this problem the blocking will come easily.

DD has had trouble with vault throughout her whole L4 season. I think that one of her coaches finally gave the girls a drill that clicked with her. Hopefully it will show in her scores. She was also not getting a good block.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back