Front Handsprings

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Delia4

Gymnast
I am not the best at front tumbling. I have a particularly hard time landing front handsprings with straight legs and not in a squat.
I have tried to work them on tumble trak, and they were good. I did them out of one step and a very large hurdle, so that is a little different from on floor.
My shoulders are plenty flexible, and I can't really think of any reason why I have a hard time with these.
Our floor is not a typical floor and is hardly bouncy. I have never competed a front handspring, but when I go to meets, my back handsprings and things are really easy since the floors are more bouncy.
Please give me some tips:)Thanks!

Is it fast enough or are you pushing through your shoulders enough??
It is not very fast, but I think that it should still work as many of my teammates use about the same amount of speed as me. The shoulders could be a problem, but I don't think that it's the whole thing. I don't feel like I use my shoulders a lot most of the time. Thanks:)

Is it fast enough or are you pushing through your shoulders enough??
It is not very fast, but I think that it should still work as many of my teammates use about the same amount of speed as me. The shoulders could be a problem, but I don't think that it's the whole thing. I don't feel like I use my shoulders a lot most of the time. Thanks:)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back