Welcome to our Gymnastics Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Front Handsprings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delia4

Gymnast
May 30, 2016
Country
USA
I am not the best at front tumbling. I have a particularly hard time landing front handsprings with straight legs and not in a squat.
I have tried to work them on tumble trak, and they were good. I did them out of one step and a very large hurdle, so that is a little different from on floor.
My shoulders are plenty flexible, and I can't really think of any reason why I have a hard time with these.
Our floor is not a typical floor and is hardly bouncy. I have never competed a front handspring, but when I go to meets, my back handsprings and things are really easy since the floors are more bouncy.
Please give me some tips:)Thanks!

Delia4

Gymnast
May 30, 2016
Country
USA
Is it fast enough or are you pushing through your shoulders enough??
It is not very fast, but I think that it should still work as many of my teammates use about the same amount of speed as me. The shoulders could be a problem, but I don't think that it's the whole thing. I don't feel like I use my shoulders a lot most of the time. Thanks:)

Delia4

Gymnast
May 30, 2016
Country
USA
Is it fast enough or are you pushing through your shoulders enough??
It is not very fast, but I think that it should still work as many of my teammates use about the same amount of speed as me. The shoulders could be a problem, but I don't think that it's the whole thing. I don't feel like I use my shoulders a lot most of the time. Thanks:)

Status
Not open for further replies.