Front hip circle help

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hey everyone new to the site. I was wondering if anyone has any tips for front hip circles. I am a self taught gymnast, and have a homemade pull up bar at home. I am trying to learn a front hip circle and I feel like I’m close, but I can’t keep my hips on the bar. I think it could be that I’m not getting enough speed. I even tried the hip circle in tuck and my hips always seem to fall off the bar. A few weeks ago at open gym I managed to get my chest to the bar, but I bounced off. If anyone has tips it would be greatly appreciated!

First off, don't do gymnastics on a pull up bar! That's dangerous. It's called pull up bar for a reason: it's meant to do pull ups on, nothing else.

At open gym, you could look for a set of men's parallel bars, get into front support on one bar and lean forward with your chest up until your legs hit the (ideally padded) bar behind you stopping the forward motion. Staying tight is important.
The best thing to do though would be to find a rec class and address your goals with the coach.

First off, don't do gymnastics on a pull up bar! That's dangerous. It's called pull up bar for a reason: it's meant to do pull ups on, nothing else.

At open gym, you could look for a set of men's parallel bars, get into front support on one bar and lean forward with your chest up until your legs hit the (ideally padded) bar behind you stopping the forward motion. Staying tight is important.
The best thing to do though would be to find a rec class and address your goals with the coach.
Thank you for the reply! I actually did end up getting the skill on my bar after we fixed it and it no longer wobbles!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back