Front hip circle tips?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Nin-Jia

Gymnast
ive been working on my front hip circle for over a year now and I still don't have it!
Any tips?
Sometimes I can do it (I have to muscle them up) but other times I just can't make it!

When I do manage to make a front hip circle (rarely) I have straight legs all until the cast following it. Pretty ugly looking but I'm still super happy when I am finally able to do one. What helped you to get your front hip circle?
Also what level are you? Because I am not sure which levels you have to compete a front hip circle in

When I do manage to make a front hip circle (rarely) I have straight legs all until the cast following it. Pretty ugly looking but I'm still super happy when I am finally able to do one. What helped you to get your front hip circle?
Also what level are you? Because I am not sure which levels you have to compete a front hip circle in

In America, level 3 and in some Xcel levels. I am a Senior G. Probably doesn't mean much to you. I am doing one because otherwise i miss a value part, which is a 0.5 deduction. So i was about the only one in my level last year who did it (the rest did a Squat on, i just Climber on top of the bar) I learned it mostly by using a kip training (or Some other kind of rope that is hanging on the bar, which you can place your feet in) and focusing on my wrist rotation. My coach gave me the tip to pretend like you are going to do 2 in a row, because you Will have your shoulders over the bar. Sometimes i did multiple in a row. Also, i got spotter a lot, even if it was a light spot. It wasn't that hard for me to master it with bent legs, but getting my legs straight is really frustrating!

I have no clue how I used to do them :rolleyes: I do remember that I had to shift my wrists super quickly for it to work though.

I got mine (this goes for almost all of my skills) one day when I was particularly angry at not having it. Something about it gave me the power I needed to shift my wrists and kick my legs back. Remember to pike, and keep your hips on the bar!

Make sure you start in a strong hollow front support, the think stay straight, stay straight while you star to rotate down, then shift your wrists, then think about kissing your knees/piking at the end. When I got mine I literally had to kiss my knees[emoji23] good luck

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back