Front or back tumbler?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My dd is a much better front tumbler. She used to be able to do BHS like they were nothing when she was 7 and now (she is 9) she is afraid to go backwards in the BHS. She says she is afraid she will fall on her head. But she is doing just fine learning front tucks, front HS step out punch fronts, and even arabians. She even says that back tucks are easier than the BHS!! Any advice on why she would think this??
Thanks!
Kat

I'm both and niether at the same time. My BHS is much better than my FHS, but not perfect by any means. But I can't for the life of me figure out how to rotate a BT, whereas I've always been able to rotate a FT no problem (although I suck at punching, so I can't do a punch front either).

Definately back!! I am really good at twisting and I find it easier to stand it up. It also looks way better. It's funny because I can stand up a back 2/2 twist easier than a front layout.

I'm having a much harder time learning front tumbling then back tumbling. Back tumbling sort of came naturally and I picked it up fast. Front tumbling has been a little more difficult!

back! my front tumbling isnt bad, but i get great height on my back tucks!!! i used to have a really good front handspring front tuck but havent worked them in a while.
so.....
..... back!!!!
:D:D:D

I used to prefer back tumbling but I really like front tumbling now...
I especially love to twisting front tumbling :)

I can't get any power going forward. I can twist a lot better forward though. At least on the trampoline. I can do a front full off a spring board onto an 8in though.

My dd is a much better front tumbler. She used to be able to do BHS like they were nothing when she was 7 and now (she is 9) she is afraid to go backwards in the BHS. She says she is afraid she will fall on her head. But she is doing just fine learning front tucks, front HS step out punch fronts, and even arabians. She even says that back tucks are easier than the BHS!! Any advice on why she would think this??
Thanks!
Kat

My daughter went through the same thing.She was already doing her bhs layout when she got a mental block and her coaches had to take her back to basics.She was the same age.I think they are more aware of fears at that age.So she did her bhs layout just from a powerhurdle rather then running in to the hurdle.I hope I explained that right.
Now 2 years later she is working on doublebacks and bhs 1 1/2 punch fronts.Still gets a little mixed up on the 1 1/2's but she is able to work through her problems now.She is still a better front tumbler.Will compete a FHS Full Tuck or pike on floor this upcomming season.

Back tumbling.

I got hurt quite badly front tumbling and have been a bit scared since then. And back tumbling has always come easier for me.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back