Front to back tumbling line options

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

All Chalked Up

Coach
Gymnast
I need to tumble front to back next year, and I'm wanting to get a head start. However, I'm not sure what elements are in a front to back line.
Are these considered front-to-back tumbling lines?
FT-RO-BT
FT-RO-BHS-BT
FHS-RO-BT
FHS-RO-BHS-BT
FHS-FT-RO-BT
FHS-FT-RO-BHS-BT
And so on and so forth. Which ones are considered front to back tumbling lines and are there any more variations?

What level are you moving into? It all depends what is required by the front to back, because here there is no requirement of front to back in any level, but there is bonus for 2 saltos being in the same line and you generally see FT-RO-BT or FT-RO-BHS-BT.
If you simply need front to back easiest is probably FHS-RO-BHS which you missed

I live in Canada so the levels are different. I'm not sure if you need a salto but they would be prefered! I'd rather not tumble out of a punch front since it kills my knees, so I'm hoping that I can tumble out of a front handspring or a front handspring-front tuck!

Thanks for the replies!

I live in Canada so the levels are different. I'm not sure if you need a salto but they would be prefered! I'd rather not tumble out of a punch front since it kills my knees, so I'm hoping that I can tumble out of a front handspring or a front handspring-front tuck!

Thanks for the replies!

Im from Canada too. I am assuming you are going into P3 as it looks like the skills you are working on are about P3. I know that in P3 at least in my province, there is no requirement for front to back, just a bonus for having two saltos (P3) and requirement at P4. Most common however is front tuck step out to RO BT or RO BHS BT.
So you could do FHS-FT-FT, RO BHS Back whip BL (or no BHS) or any other like combinations.
http://www.gymcan.org/site/files/documents/cpp_chart_2011-12_en_final_june_2011.pdf

Good Luck at P3. I found P3 competitions so much fun, I found to get really close to girls from other gyms during these years more than P2. At least here we see the same girls and some clubs meet after meet and the girls that made it to P3 generally stuck around a while. I'm sad im almost done P3 but at the same time excited. One more P3 meet and then P4 in May!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back