WAG front tucks on beam

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I am a Level 7. I am solid with all skills, but beam is my best event, because I am very powerful in all "standing" things, but not so good in tumbling passes, or at least I do not like it that much.

However, so far I can do BH BH on beam, I can also do a back tuck on high beam already and I do not find it hard at all.

I was now thinking if I should start working on front tucks on beam, because I am pretty good at tucking in general. Of course, I can do a running front tuck on floor as well as from just one step and also from a stand.

I have never tried that. So anyone who has experience on this: How hard is it?

I know you can use different techniques to do it on beam - from a run, a step or from a stand. However, I think I would use straight jump - front tuck, because it gives a little power but I still can control it.

Please tell me about your experiences!

Thank you!

You could, but that skill wouldn't be useful until levels 9 and 10. Keep in mind, it is a very difficult skill to learn, but based on the skills you have and the ease at which you do them, you could pull it off. I know of a level 9 that has spent a while to get the skill, but has yet to bring it to high beam.

You don't see as many front tucks on the beam as in years prior so you might want to think of something else...front aerial, side aerial , side somi for down the road...and front tucks are tough on the heels ( think: Severs) ....

2 step hurdle>punch front>up on to panel mat. don't take them to a low beam until you can stand them straight up/chest up on the panel mat and landing one foot in front of the other. :)

Thanks dunno!
Do you mean taking off from the beam or spring floor?

I can do straight jump>punch>onto 4 inch mat taking off from a hard floor and I land in a pretty squatted position...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back