WAG front walkover help (back flexibility inbalance?)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I have been trying to work on improving some of my skills & focusing more on technique. As I was watching videos of myself doing things like front walkovers and kick-overs, I've noticed that when I kick up with my good leg (right) and land on the ground with only my bad leg (left), my left leg seems to twist over to the right side of my body. It's been kind of frustrating and I can't seem to fix it. I've also noticed this lopsidedness when I do a split handstand. I figure I need to get to the bottom of this before I progress. It could be that my back lacks flexibility on my left side, or it could be that I need to tighten my handstand hold. I attached a short video. I'm in need of some tips!

I was planning on taking lessons this Spring, but will have to postpone that.
This whole situation is a bummer, and I can imagine seasons being cut short and things like that are frustrating. I hope we can return to gymnastics soon and I hope everyone is staying safe & healthy.

Here is the video of me:

You need to bring your hips up with your core so you need a stronger core trust me you do not need more of a flexible back I have a really flexible back and had a bad habit of using my back for everything because I did not have a strong enough core and right now i am out for 6 to 8 weeks with a pars fracture

Start with your non-dominant leg. Or, if you need both legs, core strength. Build it. If you don't need both, start with non-dominant leg.

This post five months old. Please post on current and active posts only. I’m sure the member has figured it out.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back