WAG Frustration - sorry this is long and really just me venting

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I'm feeling a lot of guilt. I should have moved her last summer when I started thinking about it. (you all are right, if you are moving gyms, it is a year overdo) She could have repeated 5 this season there and been ready for this coming year. Now that she has competed 6, she is stuck. I am worried that they fear she may not be able to be remediated and caught up on their ways/their drills/their form and achieve 7 readiness in the next 9 months. She has all of her 7 skills except giants between the bars/CH to HS (that's why she was a 6 at our current gym). But her bent legs on her beam BHS may be hard to fix. I am feeling like I messed a lot of this up for her by trusting in her current gym to make things better since last May.
and she grew just shy of 3 inches since christmas...kind of an lanky awkward phase waiting for puberty. I assume the coaches understand this is part of the journey (physically).

GymClaire, don't feel guilty. If they want her to come to a few practices, they are probably willing to take her, just want to see how she likes it. Same thing happened with my DD. She had an evaluation when we were switching gyms, HC told me, " I think we may take her , but let's have her practice for the week to see how it goes". DD practiced with the team for the week, getting to work with different coaches, all the girls. She worked well with everyone, made lots of new friends, had a great time. Found her new gym home.

It's a good thing that they want her to come to some practices. It says volumes about the coaches - in a good way . Good luck to her!

Thanks @SignHere;)
She went to practice last night, loved it again. Coach talked to me after. Wants her to come back next week again, but feels she is a good fit. He said that they will know numbers/coaching ratios etc in a couple weeks as they don't want to get in over their heads number wise. THey had a 3rd coach lined up, but that person got a college gig, so they are still working on that piece. I appreciate how thoughtful they are about the process. I am feeling much better.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back