Fun gymnastics skill ideas.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Ok, we have seen full twisting double backs and now more recently, double doubles, what about a 1.5 twisting double back....kinda like a full in and 1/2 out arabian? I would love to see that.

Actually, i was doing my double arabian full and full in-full out the other day and started messing around with something like that!! i'm going to be in the gym ALL day tomorrow, so i'll let u know how it goes!

I would LOVE someone to try a double straddle front salto (into the pit or on tramp) I know its almost impossible, you would slow down too much but woudl still love to see it :p

Also... a handstand push into backsalt on floor (like a tsuk :p) its deffinately not possible yet but will be eventually.

AND if someone could youtube this for me (im thinking Geoff :p ) i know this is possible but i havent seen it done... round off backsalt backsalt tumble on floor.

- Tak

ok this one just came to me and i can imagine all of the looks if i were to do it at a meet :) ok, on the bars, you would start out as a toe-up to the high bar, but you would hang on long enough to do a flip up to the high bar and catch. i would make a diagram to help those who better understand, but its hard to translate :D

how about on the high bar, facing the low bar, do a cast handstand and swing down and almost as though you are going to do a shoot over to the low bar, let go but do a layout dismount over the low bar and land on the other side of the low bar

how about on the high bar, facing the low bar, do a cast handstand and swing down and almost as though you are going to do a shoot over to the low bar, let go but do a layout dismount over the low bar and land on the other side of the low bar

That's a cool idea, but actually I think that's basically what Nadia did way back when. :)

Ok, we have seen full twisting double backs and now more recently, double doubles, what about a 1.5 twisting double back....kinda like a full in and 1/2 out arabian? I would love to see that.

Diego Hypolito does an arabian double pike 1/1 out -- is that sort of what you're talking about?

I think you guys would like this montage! :)

It's a pity the quality is not great because there are some cool skills!

[youtube]3trvr7cu9BI[/youtube]

Last edited:
Haha! That was a really cool montage! Lots and lots of unique moves! :p

I forgot to put this on the other one I just posted, but the gym I used to go to had a girl who got a skill named after her on beam. It was a switched leg layout stepout I think.

i've always wanted to see someone do a double pike, but the first flip was a layout and the second was a pike. but like, really defined body positions. And this is like the extreme gymnastics but what if this was a tumbling pass:

front tuck stepout ro back 2 1/2 twist step out ro bhs back 3 1/2 twist right into a front full.

and once i saw a romanian do: ro back 1 1/2 twist stepout ro bhs back 2 1/2 twist right into a front layout 1 1/2 twist it was amazing!!!!!

I've never seen this, and it's not even in the code of points, but I've been thinking a gainer mount on the side of the beam would so cool. I don't know if it's possible, but it would be very cool to see. (for those who have a copy of the 2009 code of points, it would be like a reverse of the very first gainer dismount in the list(6.106).)

waht about a half cartwell in to handstand then into a giant that would be lodes of fun .:D

jump flipe high withe out gymnastics i would die.:D:p:D:eek::)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back