WAG Fun warm ups

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Tally Ho

Coach
Proud Parent
Hi, calling all coaches I am looking or fun useful warm up games and ideas? For around age 6/7 girls squad level? Please help me?:)

Me coach does add ons on tje trampoline ( where i gymnastics does a skill then next gymnast will do that skill and add on their own skill. Some skills could be : seat drop , jumps ).

Follow the leader around the gym doing different things( going under beams , swinging on the bars jump on the tramp)

Unders overs and throughs ( at the beams if you have more than 3 beams the coach might say under under through over over so that means they would go under the beam under the beam through the triangle stand things and then over the beam over the beam

Pit races

Hope these helped

Potato xx

P.s sorry about any mistakes in spelling , making sense and stuff like that.

Fly spider( 2 people are "it" then pit on music while they run , skip, jump , crawl( the coach will say what)when the music stops the spiders who are the people who are it will try and tag the flys as the flys try to get back to the safe spot eg. Behind the floor linea mat

Barriers ( get boxes i kid stands at the front turns around says. Go wait a little bit before turning aroundand say stop and if they can see anyone they call out there name and they go back to the start first one to touch the person saying go stop wins

Fruit salad 1 ( circle name each child a fruit like ho around the circle saying lemon pear apple lemon pear apple . Say 1 fruit for example lemon then every one who was a lemon runs around the circle back to the spot last one back is out

Fruit salad 2 ( get into pairs and sit in to lines facing each other and name each pair a skill ( something they can do ) say the skill for example forward roll they stand up tun out of the line run back the side but as they are coming back they do the skill they were told and then run back to there position fitst one back gets a point for there line

Potato xx

P.s sorry for any mistakes

Game for if you have a foam pit - divide the floor into two using blocks or cones etc. You have two teams (each on either side of the cones so they have their own side) who have equal numbers of foam blocks. The coach sets an allocated time (probably just a minute or so) and the gymnasts must throw foam blocks from their side of the floor into the opposite team's side of the floor. the aim of the game being to have as fewer blocks on your side of the floor as possible at the end of the allocated time.

Directions game : Gymnasts all face the towards the coach. Coach shouts a directions e.g left and gymnasts must run to their left etc. Do this for a while, while gymnasts get the hang of it. Then the fun part.. the coach shouts a direction and gymnasts must run in the opposite direction (left means right, backwards means forwards etc)

Letter game - Gymnasts run around the floor and then the coach shouts a letter. Gymnasts must then get in pairs and try and make the shape the coach has shouted using just themselves (no equipment) with their partner.

Obstacle courses and relay races also work well :) Hope this helps!

At my gym with the littler kids we played a variation of "don't let the balloon hit the ground" but with one of those airy light weight rubber balls. The aim of the game was to try and get the other girls out by hitting the ball as far or close as they liked. The rules of the game are if after the ball is hit up into the air and a girl runs to hit it, but then decided not to. She's out. If the ball is hit up and no one goes to hit it, the girl closed to the ball is out. The girls who are out have to sit down where they went out, do 10 pushups, than sit in pike (pointing their toes) until the game is over and thus creating obstacles to run around. The less girls there are the more the girls have to run to hit up the ball, the last girl left is the winner.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back