WAG Fundraiser Ideas

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi all! Can any of you throw out some ideas or things you've done that do well for fundraisers for gymnastics? We have done things like the laundry detergent/shower gel fundraiser, yankee candle, yard sale, car wash, & scratch cards. We just need some new ideas. Thanks!

Lock ins!! It will cost your gym nothing except for staff (unless you take volunteers) at my gym we have lockins 2-3 times a year. You choose til midnight or all night. Tell everyone coming to bring a snack to share. My gym does all kinds of fun things-- we play shipwreck and sardines, karaoke, and talent shows, it's so much fun and raises a TON of money

Hi all! Can any of you throw out some ideas or things you've done that do well for fundraisers for gymnastics? We have done things like the laundry detergent/shower gel fundraiser, yankee candle, yard sale, car wash, & scratch cards. We just need some new ideas. Thanks!
*Used Leotard Sales
*Fun Meet
*Ask local restaurants
*Flash Mob/expeditions @ Malls or Parades or fair

We did personalized ornaments at Christmas time, they sell things to give gymnasts at awards at our big annual meet (like flowers, or cutely decorated flip flops, fun stuff) we also sell stuff and concessions at other big gym events like a Halloween party, our annual Gala. We have a local music venue that allows teams to raise money by manning different beer tents--so we do that all summer.

Most of the things where we sell stuff raises very little money for the effort, IMO. Our biggest money-makers are holding meets, organizing/hosting a 5K run, and producing a yearbook where we sell ads to local businesses.

We try to focus on things that aren't just forcing the parents to fork over even more of their own money, which is what happens with many fundraisers. I'd rather cut the hassle and fundraiser middle-man and just write a check.

We sell tickets for a game at our local minor league baseball team. Our team goes together as a fun event and they get to do a little show on the field
We make sure to sell tickets to all our friends, neighbors and family so it raises money for our team as well

We also have parent run open gym every few months on a Saturday night. Parents volunteer to supervise, we charge $20 per kid. We usually get about 100 kids

Love the yearbook idea!

This year our gym went to a meet in Gatlinburg and before that, we had a fundraiser to donate to their wildlife recovery fund. It was just for the level 2s and 3s and we did a stick-a-thon and a parent push up contest. The girls got people to donate a certain amount per stick (there were 100 possible sticks: for example, you did 25 bar dismounts and stuck as many as possible). The parents got people to donate per push-up and they had to be the same push-ups the girls do at practice (go down and hold until coach says up). It was really a lot of fun to just be out on the gym floor with our girls and they loved the push-up contest. We have a smallish team (16 level 2, 21 level 3) and raised around $3500 I think.

We host at least 2 meets every year, sometimes 3. Last year we also did a color run for the first time, it was quite successful. We are planning on making the color run an annual event. We also do a used leo sale a few times a year, we sell Heggies Pizzas and Butterbraids and coupon books. But I agree with what the others have said, the meets and the color run are our biggest fundraisers, the ones where we sell things don't bring in nearly as much money but every little bit helps!!

Our town has a festival every fall, and our team runs the parking at the YMCA (I go to a Y club). It pulls in about $3000 every year. Our local Applebees also lets us host a pancake breakfast before they open! The team comes in, we act as greeters, waiters, etc. The tickets are sold beforehand, and that also brings in about $4000 a year.

a talent show- Showcase talents other than Gym skills.
a trivia night- have different categories, Club trivia, movie trivia, random trivia
a used book/movie sale- have parents and kids bring in old books/movies charge a buck or 2

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back