Parents Fundraising.....new mom needing advice

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

then we are back to -- all profits must be distributed equally regardless of whether they participate. I am not a fan of this. Unless rules have changed (or been clarified better) it was explained to us, both at our own gym and multiple friends gyms, that all team members must share the profit regardless of participation. The only way around not sharing equally is that it may be split by level (as higher levels incur more fees) but it may not be based on any other factors (such as participation in said fundraiser). So a few do all the work and all get to share the profits.......and if you make it mandatory to work then that is unfair to working parents who may not be able to get off work or would have to burn a vacation day to earn $10 instead of a paycheck. There is just no "fair" way to do fundraisers and be in compliance with 501c3 and NCAA rules
This is definitely one drawback. Luckily we don't have very many problems getting all families to participate, of course there are always those few families who do the bare minimum but for the most part all of our families really do a great job of putting in 100%.

I feel so lucky to be at the gym we are at, we have a booster club and this year we raised over $100,000. And we have no problems with getting ALL parents to participate. I think it really helps that they are all able to see the benefits of all of their hard work. Our goal is to double our profits in the next couple of years. We just started working on getting corporate sponsors this year, we got our first one right away for $10,000.

how did you get corporate sponsors? what do you have for them? I'm researching doing that. Having the businesses logo in the gym,newsletter,at events etc.

how did you get corporate sponsors? what do you have for them? I'm researching doing that. Having the businesses logo in the gym,newsletter,at events etc.
After many, many discussions at our monthly booster club meetings we were finally able to come up with a corporate sponsorship application that we sent out to each of our members, and asked them to recommend local businesses that we could contact. We also created a new position on our board, the corporate sponsorship chair, this person is in charge of the corporate sponsorship and is the first point of contact when reaching out to a potential sponsor. We decided to try and get one title sponsor (the $10,000 one), this was actually the easiest one to get so far. With their sponsorship they get a large banner with their business name and logo hung in our gym, they get a link on the banner area of our gym's website, they will get a full page color ad in the programs for all of the meets that we host (we will also take the banner from the gym and hang it up at the meet venue) along with some other incentives. We are hoping to get some corporate sponsors for $3,000 (they will get a smaller banner in the gym and a smaller color ad) and then will try and get some gold sponsors for $500. The sponsors are sponsoring the Flips Team and NOT the gym.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back