Parents Fundraising???

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I was thinking car wash, too! Or sell hoagies through a local deli? How about a yard sale? Every year our gym does one right outside the gym. We're in a pretty busy area and there are a lot of patrons. Then, all money goes back into the gym. Or sponsor a Coke Wagon (sponsored by Coca~Cola) at a local Wal*Mart or Sam's Club. That takes some planning, like months in advance, but it might be something to think about for the future. We make tons of money with it. Just need volunteers.

Some other big fundraising ideas are cookbooks. You can input recipes on-line now so anyone involved can put their own in. Or Car Magnets?

Coming up with something quick is tough. Fundraising often takes a lot of planning. Good luck!
I like all of the fundraising ideas, but WHAT is a "coke wagon"? We have the Walmart's and the Sam's, so that wouldn't be a problem. I checked on the cocacola website but couldn't find anything to do w/fundraising. That definitely sounds like a "doable" kind of fundraiser!! We are so sick of asking friends/neighbors to BUY more things!!

-Lynn

Lynn ~

I don't know where you live but here in Eastern PA the bigger chain stores allow what's called a Coke Wagon, sponsored by Coca-Cola. Basically what you do is set up the wagon outside their store and sell hot dogs and sodas. It kind of reminds me of when you go to a little league baseball game and you to up the the consession stand to buy a Coke. Same concept, just on wheels! ;) You'd be amazed at how much money you make. The plus side is that usually you're at one of the discount stores and you can just run in to buy things you might run out of. I don't deal with the people that actually set it up but I do volunteer at it. I can get more information if you're interested. I do know that we missed out on all the available weekends this summer. They fill up fast because it's an easy fundraiser. I've seen boy and girl scout troops do it, too. Let me know if you're interested!

Lynn ~

I don't know where you live but here in Eastern PA the bigger chain stores allow what's called a Coke Wagon, sponsored by Coca-Cola. Basically what you do is set up the wagon outside their store and sell hot dogs and sodas. It kind of reminds me of when you go to a little league baseball game and you to up the the consession stand to buy a Coke. Same concept, just on wheels! ;) You'd be amazed at how much money you make. The plus side is that usually you're at one of the discount stores and you can just run in to buy things you might run out of. I don't deal with the people that actually set it up but I do volunteer at it. I can get more information if you're interested. I do know that we missed out on all the available weekends this summer. They fill up fast because it's an easy fundraiser. I've seen boy and girl scout troops do it, too. Let me know if you're interested!
Hi Netty... yes, I would definitely be interested. We're in Virginia. We're just now trying to plan our fundraisers for the year, and as you know, business at Walmart and Sam's Club is ALWAYS hopping! And as a plus, our gym is located not even one mile from the Sam's/Walmart!! Is there a contact person/website?? I'll personally check that one out!

Thanks!

-Lynn

Netty---would really appreciate it if you get some info on the Coke wagon to post or PM me. Always good to look at other options. Parents get tired of doing the same thing and this sounds like something where the neighbors and co-workers won't pull out a taser when you come walking up with a sheet and say "interested in supporting our gym-----again?"

I would love info as well. Not sure if they do it here, but worth presenting to the booster club.

The gym has done butter braids in the past and they sell well. Only downside is parents have to come pick up their orders the day of delivery and then be able to get them to their customers quickly since they need to be kept frozen.

I just volunteered to chair the "Butter Braids" fundraiser at our gym. First time the gym has done this one. I don't know at this point how the other girls are doing yet, because we just started last Friday, and will run through next Thursday, the 14th.

I have already sold over 70 rolls, which is nearly 1/2 of my 2008-2009 competition fees, and still have a week and a half to go! I am SUPER excited, watching my comp fee account bill shrink!!

You can go right to www.butterbraid.com and do a search for a dealer in your area. This is a fun, fast, 40 % profit, fundraiser, and they are DELICIOUS to boot!

;) Happy fundraising!!

Butter Braids are a very popular fundraiser in this area. Our gym has done well with them in the past. They decided to skip it this year since they had some issues with parents not coming by on the delivery date to pick up their order(they have to be kept frozen or at least very cold) and several parents ended up hauling other orders home and stashing them in their freezers. Course then we did the cookie dough one and the stuff was shipped unrefrigerated and was ruined before anyone could pick it up. I think we may go back to Butter Braids this coming year.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back