Parents Fundraising

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

What do ya'll do for fundraising at your gyms? Anything other than the usual candles, candy, etc...? Does it go to benefit the gym or help pay for your costs of tuition, leos, meet fees, etc..? Most of our fundraising pays for things that come out of parent's pockets.

usu. we don't really fundraise that much. If we do, it's either for meets or the gym benefits, and is often pizza sales. OFr natioanls, though, we sold candy bars and had car washes that went to each family to help pay for the trip. Also those nights at restaurants where the place gives you 10% of the night's profits.

We are in the middle of planning a golf outing - our 1st - so we will see how it goes.... I would rather do a couple of big fundraisers a year rather then a bunch of little ones - there is just not enough time:D.... we our also planning a slumber party at our gym, which may help some, but I still like to focus on the bigger events... there is talk of hosting a meet in our gym sometime this year or next.

our gym requires a $250/yr equip fee. This yr its $1500 for meet fees/coaches fees. comp leo $110, prac leo $70, warm-ups approx $100 & just raised our monthly tuition to $345 per month

Ingymmom,

Both the golf outing and slumber party are neat ideas. How will the money be raised on the slumber party. What level is your daughter? That is expensive tuition. I think our level 8's only pay $200/month for tuition. Most of our fundraisers go to buy stuff our girls need (competition leos, meet fees, camp,etc..). We had a big yardsale at the gym. We kept the money from that. We can do candle sales whenever we want. We keep the money from that. We, also, have sold pastry breads and, we got to keep the money from that, too.
I raised about $400 last year, so that helped alot.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back