Off Topic Funny Stories!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Okay, so I know that some funny things go on during classes whether they are at gym or not. Are there any funny/embarassing stories yall would like to tell about yourself/

I have one...

So we were working shooting star (I think that's what they are called) things on Bars and I let go too early and ended up sliding across the mat on the floor, the whole class started cracking up and me too. I was practically crying. And since we were the only ones in the gym (it was like 745 at night) the whole upstairs was craking up too!

There are plenty where I have tripped as well and about people walking off the tumble track and falling on there face (ok that was me too!)

So anyway, share please!

Once at a spotting clinic, I was spotting the second half of this girl's tsuk. I should explain that the vault at this gym was in a corner, so the table was to my right, there was a wall right behind me, and there was another wall ten or fifteen feet to my left.

I was spotting the landing of the girls tsuk, so my job was to catch her on the way down and make sure she landed on her feet. She come off the table crooked. She hit me in the face with her shoulder and slammed me against the wall (this is as I'm flipping her over). THen I caught her arm to keep her from overrotating and she catapaulted me face-first into the other wall. The other coaches were laughing pretty hard, and I was too once I picked myself up off the floor.

For the record, she landed on her feet.

I penguin slide across the vault table at a PL once. Oh by the way it wasn't on purpose. [I like penguin sliding on mats...especially slippery ones!]
I always think it is funny when people do something they don't think they can and their faces. Or when someone does something exciting even though they know they can do it...peoples faces are funny!

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
I fall over all the time!!!
I was on beam practising while some parents were being shown around. I heard the coach say "And this is one of our top team, she's made it to Nationals next week" blah blah blah, so I thought I better do a really good job. And as always when you're trying to show off, it didn't work. My foot slipped as I was about to go into my dismount and I landed on my stomach with my arms and legs out to the side just as all the new parents watched... Luckily it was into the pit :p

There are plenty of times where our coach was spotting us on mainly bars but sometimes the other events as well where we would go and end up smacking them in the face. Although it may hurt we still laugh. There was once were we were sitting on the beams and I let go and ended up falling backwards, flipping and landing on my stomach. It didnt hurt but it was funny!;)

One of my coaches and I have the same color hair, it looks a lot alike, and she used to spott me on beam. I was shorter then so it looked weird because it looked like we had one big head! It doesn't work anymore since I grew. LOL!

I remember one time where we were doing this abs thing where you have to balance on your knees on an excersise ball (it really works I can tell you that!). Anyway one of the coaches leaving came by and hit the ball while I was trying to get up and I ended up bouncing off and falling on my back. Everyone was laughing pretty hard!

!Randa!
;)

The first time I tried the new vaulting table was hilarious... it was just because it was so much bigger than the one I was used to :p

I was spotting a this little 4'3 girl on a double full on floor and as she set for the skill i leaned in a little too much and caught an elbow to the temple and was knocked out cold. I think she was 8 at the time and is now 11, and when ever she gets a little mad at me she'll always say "remember I can kick your butt, so don't mess with me" It usually gets us both laughing pretty hard.

I was spotting a this little 4'3 girl on a double full on floor and as she set for the skill i leaned in a little too much and caught an elbow to the temple and was knocked out cold. I think she was 8 at the time and is now 11, and when ever she gets a little mad at me she'll always say "remember I can kick your butt, so don't mess with me" It usually gets us both laughing pretty hard.

Haha, similar story about a girl at our gym: one of our old coaches also coached boys' highschool lacrosse. He comes in to the gym anfter an hour of lacrosse practice with highschool boys without a scratch on him, then one of our girls (she was 8) knicks him out cold while he's spotting her.

This girl has a reputation as the most dangerous girl in the gym. Despite being very talented and generally pretty tight, she's probably caused more coach injuries than anybody else.

Just the other night, I got my first bloody nose while spotting. I was with a kid on rings, and he was working on a cast (getting ready for inlocates), and he let go of one ring. He swung wildly and nailed me in the face with his elbow, giving me a bloody nose that was still bleeding more than an hour later.

Coaches are great but I feel bad for them because they get hurt!!! Man, I love my coaches! The other night at gym one of my coaches and I were adjusting the bars and we were walking over to the next set and she walked into the bar. She ducked but her hair was up high and she hit her head. The funny thing is that it was something she would totally do.

I was in Bio. the other day doing a test and some question about fish came up (it was a problem solving one) and it gave you a list of fish. And pike was on it... which confused me majorly so I sat for ten minutes trying to work out how on earth a pike was in my Bio test before proceeding to ask the teacher and realising its also a type of fish.... I think lack of gym is doing something to my brain :p

so this one time at the gym we were prepping for a meet the upcoming weekend [it was a thursday] and we were on beam with the L4's [i was currently L6]. it was raining really hard that night, as it had been for the pastfew nights, and our gym is really old and isn't high quality. Anyway, Baylee, one of the L4'S, was doing a routine and went to leap and as soon as she was in the air a spot in our ceiling fell through and about 5 gallons of water fell on her and she split the beam! as sad is it is that our gym us pretty crappy, it was hilarious, and she got up laughing!

*we're gettin a new gym in January, so this shouldn't happen ever again!*

So one day at school we were messing around with the soccer ball while some of the guys near us were messing around trying to bench each other (thats when someone standing is pushed over another person on all fours-its pretty funny). Well any way one person was celebrating for some reason when the soccer ball came flying and hit him in the face so hard he went flying! Although it looked like it hurt he was still laughing really hard with the rest of us! The funny thing was...we got it all on tape!

When ever we play soccer, I also always seem to get hit in the face. Its like I am a ball magnet or something!
;)

When ever we play soccer, I also always seem to get hit in the face. Its like I am a ball magnet or something!

I feel your pain... I spend PE running away from flying volleyballs, rugby balls, tennis ball and god knows what other type of balls with the PE teacher screaming "Go for the balll" at me for 45 minutes. Why can't we do a sport that doesn't involve throwing or catching?

haha thats funny but true apparently lol

so this one time at the gym we were prepping for a meet the upcoming weekend [it was a thursday] and we were on beam with the L4's [i was currently L6]. it was raining really hard that night, as it had been for the pastfew nights, and our gym is really old and isn't high quality. Anyway, Baylee, one of the L4'S, was doing a routine and went to leap and as soon as she was in the air a spot in our ceiling fell through and about 5 gallons of water fell on her and she split the beam! as sad is it is that our gym us pretty crappy, it was hilarious, and she got up laughing!

*we're gettin a new gym in January, so this shouldn't happen ever again!*

haha thats hiliarious. poor baylee

I feel your pain... I spend PE running away from flying volleyballs, rugby balls, tennis ball and god knows what other type of balls with the PE teacher screaming "Go for the balll" at me for 45 minutes. Why can't we do a sport that doesn't involve throwing or catching?

haha yes. I have no hand eye coordination what so ever and I trip over my own feet like everyday but somehow I manage to do bhs bhs on the beam without killing myself. I should bring tapes of my gym meets for my gym teacher to show her im not a complete klutz! At one meet when we were all getting on the awards podium for awards my team kept tripping on an off and the people announcing the awards were like um maybe you guys should practice getting onto and off of a podium. lol

haha yes. I have no hand eye coordination what so ever and I trip over my own feet like everyday but somehow I manage to do bhs bhs on the beam without killing myself. I should bring tapes of my gym meets for my gym teacher to show her im not a complete klutz! At one meet when we were all getting on the awards podium for awards my team kept tripping on an off and the people announcing the awards were like um maybe you guys should practice getting onto and off of a podium. lol

Omg i fall off the podium all the time!!! It's SO embarrassing! But it's worse when you can't get up onto it because your legs are too small!!!

I face plant a lot!!! I fall all of the time. Once i was getting spotted on a layout and when i work fulls i tuck my arms in but i guess i only brought them in a little and i accidently elbowed my coache in the temple and he flew back and almost passed out!!! I LANDED IT THOUGH!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back