Funny Things People who don't do gym have said?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

hahaha, butterfly kiss. :)

my sister, who used to do gymnastics with me, didnt even remember what a vault table was. she thought we vaulted on a pommel horse. =p

well...

My friend from gym and I were shopping for xmas presents for my coach and the lady at the jewellery shop found out and is like "what sport do you play?" and we are like "gymnastics" and she's like "wow can you do the spits?" we reply "yes" and she goes "can you show us?" and me and my friend were in such a weird mood and we were like "sure! why not?" and so we are in the middle of a shop doing the splits.

oh and my dad goes to me did you do your round flip back thingo and im just like yes dad i did

I hear this a lot from gymnasts, cheerleaders, and just about everyone.
"I don't know if I can LAND that skill"
I say, "If you figure out how not to land, we could be really rich"
The sad thing is 1/2 of the don't get it.

That's absolutely hilarious!

I have nothing as funny as you guys, but in my last meet, I invited my best friend. My vault was a yurchenko, and she thought it looked cool. After the medal ceremony, she asked me if I could show her that cool move again. I didn't know what she was talking about, and she tried to elaborate.

Friend:"Can you do that again?"
Me:"Do what?"
Friend:"You know, that cartwheely - turny, jumpy thing, then you're like in a backward handstand and you go down?"
Me:"No. I don't know."
Friend: "It's on that thingamagig - it's high and odd looking."
Me:"What, the beam?"
Friend: "No, you didn't suck at this one."
Me: "Hey! Anyway, WHAT are you talking about?"
Friend: "The lumpy thing...it looks like a rock... oh yeah, the pommel horse!"

I'm not a gymnast, but it boggles my mind when people dismiss RG as "easy."
Cynical_Chick! that annoys me so much too! especially when your like "i'm a gymnast" and they go, so like bar and beam and stuff right? and your like noooo ribbon and hoop and clubs etc. and then they give you a weird look as if that isn't real gymnastics. IT ANNOYS ME SO MUCH!

My best friend came to watch one of my practices once because she was writing an english assignment on elite sports. I was working out on beam and she was watching from a little way away. I did my routine and my dismount and landed it really well and she walked over and said
"Aww thats such a shame! It looked really good until you fell off!" She didnt seem to realise that my feet werent meant to land on the beam!!
Also after I got selected for our national team last year my school asked me to do a demo in assembly. They didnt have a sprung floor or anything, just a very thin tumble mat so I just did a ROBHS full and like a row of backhansprings with a layout at the end and the whole room was like gasping. In my lesson after it my maths teacher came up to me and told me how brave I had been to do such dangerous things. I just smiled!

I feel retarted. Sadly, I must be a part of the 1/2 that don't get it :p

One day at school a couple weeks ago, my friend and I were talking about gymnastics. She said "don't yall just where spandex and powder?" haha! She thought we used baby powder instead of chalk...haha!

haha those are so funny!!!! ok so i was at my first meet it was a home meet and it was my parents first time going to a meet and they said is it good to score high or is it really bad? i can't believe that they said that

Flipper was trying on her new competition leo and her big brother saw her in it. "Flipper, you need to wear tight sleeves more often." Why? "When you have guns like that, you need to show them off!"

Flippers big brother was watching her warm up on bars at her first meet this year. He is NOT a gym fan and avoids meets so hasn't seen her in a couple of years. "She got good!"

That reminds me of a friend who tries to understand gym but doesnt. They asked why i dont wear sleeveless shirts more often beause i have arm muslces. i just laughed because that is not like me at all im more comfortable in long sleeves all the time.

Ok, so in 4th grade at my old school, we would do a gymnastics unit in gym. Gymnastics is really not popular where i lived, and theres only like two little clubs each a half hour away. So every year i would bring in a video of one of my meets and we would watch it (it only takes like 5 minutes so its not a big deal) and then we would start. Well, this one boy thought he would be smart and after we watched the video, he tried to tell me how easy gymnastics was. He told me he could do a backflip. I said oh really, show me. Well, the phy ed teacher heard this and told him he should show me a back walkover first. So after i explained to him what that was, he attempted. Well, he bend backwards, chickened out and landed flat on his back. on just a panel mat on the gym floor. Rather entertaining. But it gets better. Then he got up and proceeded to tell me how what he just did was the hardest skill there is and that people in the Olympics do it. um... sure. Whatever you say!!

My 3 year old did a pullover in open gym. One of the moms said OMgosh, she is going to the Olympics for sure!!! Jeez, I am sure the Olympians wish it were that easy.

One time I was talking to my friend and she asked me how practice was. I answered, " Fine I guess. I got my tuck. Then later, I was doing a back walk over on beam and I split it."

She replied, " Good job on your tuck jump and how the heck did you walk backwards on and do a split on that tiny beam?"

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back