Funny "Traditions" from gyms

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

When you go to meets, do you ever see everyone on a team doing a skill or some team thing that's kind of unusual? Like at my gym, a tradition is that before a compulsory girl is about to compete on floor, she has to watch her teammate who's competing and do everything in the routine with just the arm movements. It's funny but gets kind of annoying sometimes. Also, at a rec optional meet, all the girls from one team did back tucks on floor in a really weird way. Do you ever see these things?

Like at my gym, a tradition is that before a compulsory girl is about to compete on floor, she has to watch her teammate who's competing and do everything in the routine with just the arm movements. It's funny but gets kind of annoying sometimes.

OMG I saw that on youtube just recently. Was it you lol. It annoyed me just watching the video. I suppose it is meant to focus the gymnast. I think it must put off the girl actually on floor everytime it comes into her line of vision.

The only tradition at my club is that all the girls fall off beam ALOT haha.

Gymnut1, what was the name of the video you watched where the girl was doing the thing with her arms? I wonder if she was really from my gym.

Well we usually sit with out head in our knees and picture ourselfs doing our routines perfect like two people before we go.

I live in a crazy place, and before someone competes, we will scream and dance and cheer and...we look like fools. However, this team has a 3 minute long chant, that they and all their parents and coaches yell at the top of their lungs, and it is especially annoying when I'm trying to do beam...

Well we have a habit of being a rather hyper team. Lots of cheering before and event. and when someones score shows up. And falling. On beam. Usually.

Gymnut1, what was the name of the video you watched where the girl was doing the thing with her arms? I wonder if she was really from my gym.

I have searched but I cant find it. It was definitely in the last week probably a meet from last weekend.

In this video go to the floor and in the far corner there are 2 girls with a coach. I have a feeling that is them waiting to go on. So St Nicks invitational IL might be the meet. Haha it is so annoying me that I cant find it now. grrrr.

so i was at a meet when i was in like level 6 i think,
and i was with my team, and this other team.. i dont remember where they were from... but anyway! after anyone did a vault, even if they didnt stick it, they would chant : PORK CHOP PORK CHOP, GREASY GREASY! YOU STUCK THAT VAULT EASY, EASY!

and so me and my team were like ooohhh woooow.

but when i had a really big prep op 3 team, (we started this at the state meet we won) after beam, we were rotating to floor as our last event, and we all sang we're not number five, not number four, number three, number two, we're number one!!! GREEN AND BLUE!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back