WAG Gabby Douglas and Chow split again

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

That's too bad. I haven't really followed what's been going on. I actually didn't realize she had gone back to him. All the gym drifting can't be good for her training I would think. I wonder what's up?

It is sad because she was a fabulous athlete. I think she got some poor advice at the height of her success. Gabby was young at the time (still is) and I hope she's able to find a positive way to continue with the sport and have future success.

Will there ever be a two-time Olympian again? Maybe Kyla, but even poor McKayla seems to have one injury after another. I am rooting for Aly to comeback. She's always seemed like kind of an underdog to me and it will be interesting to see how she can do after the longish break (I think it will be really tough for her).

I'm dating myself here...but I think Carly Patterson in 2004 was the perfect example of how the Olympic champion should behave. I believe she was the same age as Gabby when she won. After she won, she was done gymnastics. This summer is 10 years since she won and she still has a great relationship with WOGA and her coaches. And she is still doing really good things with her platform. I don't know if she does charity work but just from a quick look through her twitter, she promotes eating healthy and working out and she mentors Aly Raisman.

I'm dating myself here...but I think Carly Patterson in 2004 was the perfect example of how the Olympic champion should behave. I believe she was the same age as Gabby when she won. After she won, she was done gymnastics. This summer is 10 years since she won and she still has a great relationship with WOGA and her coaches. And she is still doing really good things with her platform. I don't know if she does charity work but just from a quick look through her twitter, she promotes eating healthy and working out and she mentors Aly Raisman.

I agree and I think Aly falls into this same category. Although not an Olympic AA champion (or even medalist -- she was 4th) she was the team captain of the Team champions and floor champion plus she won more hardware than anyone on the team (she also got the bronze on beam). It did not go to her head. She did take a year off and she did make money, but then went back into training -- for real, not a fake comeback. She has an extremely close relationship with her coaches, she does lots of charity work, promotes healthy living and good self-image for young women, she goes to college part time. She is modest, sweet and sincere and authentic and hardworking. She pays her bills. During the Olympics she supported the other girls on her team -- most notably Gabby when she appeared to be having a melt down after bars on the team finals. She is a true role model for young girls in this sport.

A
I agree and I think Aly falls into this same category. Although not an Olympic AA champion (or even medalist -- she was 4th) she was the team captain of the Team champions and floor champion plus she won more hardware than anyone on the team (she also got the bronze on beam). It did not go to her head. She did take a year off and she did make money, but then went back into training -- for real, not a fake comeback. She has an extremely close relationship with her coaches, she does lots of charity work, promotes healthy living and good self-image for young women, she goes to college part time. She is modest, sweet and sincere and authentic and hardworking. She pays her bills. During the Olympics she supported the other girls on her team -- most notably Gabby when she appeared to be having a melt down after bars on the team finals. She is a true role model for young girls in this sport.

We had the wonderful opportunity to meet most of them at the Tour of Champions. I have to say of all the Olympians and former gymnasts there, Aly was by far the sweetest, nicest and most sincere one. She smiled and appeared quite humble and was such a great role model to my young daughter. She appeared interested and happy to meet her fans and it didn't seem like she was "put off" or bothered by them like a few others at the table. I am hoping she comes back too! She wasn't originally our FAV ( like you said, overshadowed and not talked about as much), but won both my daughter and I over and now we are fans for life!

I think it is sad as Gabby was a strong gymnast and is my daughter's favorite gymnast. I hope she can pull it off for her sake, but in all honesty, I think she may be done.

DD met Aly at IGC and was smitten. She knew her gymnastics before that, but had been a fan of all of them. But Aly was so nice to her, on several occasions that week.

I owe her a lot for what she did to my daughters self esteem and love for gym .... Wish I could tell her

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back