Gabby Douglas -eye ritual or twitch?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

notthatmom

Proud Parent
Please don't let this come off as "judgement" but am has anyone else noticed that right before Gabby starts each event, she does this weird thing with her eyes? She looks up and to the right over and over again...I mentioned it to my husband and he said "maybe she's just looking at herself on the Jumbotron?" Which would make sense if the Jumbotron was always up and to the right of her, but it seems more like a nervous habit...I tried googling it but couldn't find anything. I wonder if it's just part of this new "face", or persona she seems to have lately, was wondering if anyone else noticed it too and/or knows why she does it?

She could be visualizing. A lot of gymnasts visualize their routines, plus some physical movement. Any sort of twisting skills would have you looking the direction you're going.

To me, it looked like a nervous tic. We noticed it majorly first night because the camera was right in her face. I didn't think it was as noticeable last night but the camera was more to her side most of the time. Anyway, it really didn't look like a ritual to me but more of a nervous tic. She doesn't do it at all after routines, only before it seems. I also tried to google it.

Please don't let this come off as "judgement" but am has anyone else noticed that right before Gabby starts each event, she does this weird thing with her eyes? She looks up and to the right over and over again...I mentioned it to my husband and he said "maybe she's just looking at herself on the Jumbotron?" Which would make sense if the Jumbotron was always up and to the right of her, but it seems more like a nervous habit...I tried googling it but couldn't find anything. I wonder if it's just part of this new "face", or persona she seems to have lately, was wondering if anyone else noticed it too and/or knows why she does it?
Gymnast are an odd group with rituals for sure. My DD was doing BHS on the floor beam and one of the rec level boys ran across the beam she fell hard trying to stop and hit her shoulder. I think she still looks behind her even on the high beam when she is back tumbling. I told her she may have to put a pose into her routine so the look is not so noticable. I think it has become almost a tic

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back