WAG Gabby Douglas leaves Chow's Gym, moves to L.A.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Yup, rumours were flying all last week and she denied it.

Wanna bet she will be on Dancing with the Stars in a few weeks??

The other rumour going around, and confirmed as the truth on GGMB, is that she left Chow's owing money. So this would be gym number two she has left that way.

She will train at Chris Wallers gym in LA, Gym Jam.

I fear she is being ill advised, her manager was fired and she is supporting her whole family. The money she made will not last long with LA living.

I just hope Waller gets paid upfront. Though he may have gymnasts flocking to his gym now he has an Olympian, soon to be two Olympians, training there.

to be precise, this is what happens when the athlete's eyes are blinded by the stars in one of their parents eyes. it reminds me of the Beverly Hillbillies...and i mean that in a humorous way.:)

Yup, rumours were flying all last week and she denied it.

Wanna bet she will be on Dancing with the Stars in a few weeks??

The other rumour going around, and confirmed as the truth on GGMB, is that she left Chow's owing money. So this would be gym number two she has left that way.

She will train at Chris Wallers gym in LA, Gym Jam.

I fear she is being ill advised, her manager was fired and she is supporting her whole family. The money she made will not last long with LA living.

I have to say that those same thoughts crossed my mind!

I can't fathom the idea of letting somebody else drive the car after seeing the wonderful work her recently past coaches had done. Whoops.... speed bump! Let's bail to LA before Chow gets us in a wreck. Ya gotta be kidding, is there a chance she seriously believes this is a good move.

Obviously the way she has chosen to treat gyms that helped her is deplorable and I agree that her "gymnastics" career is over. But it's not necessarily a bad decision/one she can be faulted for to be done with gymnastics. I believe she knows she is done and there is no shame in that. She accomplished the ultimate and she should move on and have her money and fame if that makes her happy.

Unfortunately it seems like things COULD end very badly for Gabby. I got a bad feeling when I saw Gabby and her mother on Oprah. As a black mother of a black gymnast I was shocked that Ms. Hawkins would sit there with her very young daughter and allow/encourage her to speak negatively about the gym that trained her for the majority of her career. A gym that, by everyones account, bent over backward to work with her family through their financial difficulties.

WHOA! :O

I don't follow gymnastics news most of the time, but this was surprising. It's kind of sad, but I honestly hope this isn't a case of Hollywood calling her name...or a pushy parent.

What Gabby and her mom/advisers forget is she gained her fame and fans due to her success in gymnastics. She didn't get a huge following as a walk on in some teen Disney shows. Just because someone wins Olympic gold does not make them an actress, model or whatever. Gabby will find the invites to the "red carpet"events dwindling and all the other perks of being an Olympic champ once the next new gymnastics sensation comes along---and that could be in October at Worlds. If she has no desire to continue to train to compete then say so. Seems like we go through this a lot with athletes saying they're back "training" just to keep people hoping they'll compete again. Really, its a sad situation.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back