WAG Gabby Douglas leaves Chow's Gym, moves to L.A.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

" I think what her advisors are forgetting is the "life span" of an athlete as a celeb cashing in is very limited."

Devils advocate here, but maybe that is exactly what her advisors are very aware of and not forgetting. Seems she is being advised to cash in while she can....right? Whether she goes back to a gym, that's her choice. She will be ripped on for going back or if she does, she will get ripped on if she doesn't do as well. What mess did she leave at Chow's??? Is there a mess at the gym? What kind of mess? I may be out of the loop, but wasn't he in China when she left? Has he or she spoken publicly about when they talked?? I only saw a quote from his wife saying she came in and talked to her and other girls at the gym. She told them in person face to face, which was the right way to do it. Did she tell Chow face to face? I have no clue. Hope so. Maybe the writing was on the wall in terms of how practice was going or something. I don't know. I have not heard any details about her behaviour behind the scenes. I remember reading about lots of horrible behaviour by several Olympic figure skaters many years ago. One not from the US who went off the rails partying. Another one got involved with a thug who assaulted another skater. That was horrible. Gabby's situation is nothing like that as far as I know. Gabby didn't leave a year before the Olympics. She left very early in the cycle, right? For the life of me, I can't figure out what everyone is so worked up about.... Really, I can't. I was surprised when she went back to Iowa in May. I wasn't surprised at all when she left several months later... Why are people so suprised about that? In the (maybe twisted?) way I see the world, it was kind of a logical thing to do.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back