Parents Gastro on meet day

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

claudidoll

Proud Parent
so my older girly was finally going to do level 5 for the last meet of the season and yesterday morning she woke up with gastro

So no competition for her, she was heart broken all she wanted all season was to prove she could do 5.

Any suggestions on something special I could do to cheer her up?

And to rub salt in her wounds her baby sister got to compete and won’t stop talking about how much fun she had. I can’t squash her joy but I know it’s not helping big sis feel better

Seriously this is life lesson stuff. You really shouldn't pretty it up. It was a hard weekend for her. And thats OK as in it will pass.

These things are not fixable. Best thing you can do is let it be what it will be for her. Hugs, space and time

Seriously this is life lesson stuff. You really shouldn't pretty it up. It was a hard weekend for her. And thats OK as in it will pass.

These things are not fixable. Best thing you can do is let it be what it will be for her. Hugs, space and time

I know you’re right just totally sucks.

I know you’re right just totally sucks.
Oh I didn't say it was easy. Its not. But we just cant protect them from life..................

And thanks for getting my intent was not heartless

Oh I didn't say it was easy. Its not. But we just cant protect them from life..................

And thanks for getting my intent was not heartless

I always try to assume that people have the best intentions makes it easier to be a happy person

Here’s a follow up ethical question...

The camp girly is attending in July groups the kids based on last competitive level competed...

Had she not been struck down with gastro she would have done 5 this weekend... which is the level I told them at registration. Do I correct that and say she competed 4? Or since but for a stroke of bad luck it would have been 5 do I leave it alone?

I’m leaning towards letting it be....

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back