Geigner? Giener? Gainar?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hey guys! I'm not sure how to really spell it but I'm doing a geigner on beam! Not the one on bars when you twist in the air sort of.

It's when you step with one foot and swing the other one up into a back tuck to land beside the beam. I'm not exactly sure how to spell the name hence the title of this thread.

So does anybody have any tricks or tips about how I can get this skill faster?

(I just started today and I've been doing it off the low beam from a cartwheel with a bit of spot.)

Thanks! :)

In the olden days it would have been called a gainer BT (as opposed to gainer LO or gainer BHS). I started to describe a tip from the olden days, but I'm not a coach so I though maybe I shouldn't! :)

It is called a gainer. :) And it's a lot of fun! Keep practicing your takeoff. Get on a high beam and just swing the leg, get a big jump, and then without doing the tuck land on your feet and roll back. It helps you get the feel of the takeoff and how close to the beam you should be. You'll get it very quickly. It's not so different from a standing back tuck. Good luck!

In addition to the above advice - I would throw a sting mat on the beam to help you feel more comfortable with being so close. I also have had some of my girls place a low beam over the foam pit and do them off of there. Hope it helps

Good Luck!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back