getting a "B" release skill on bars

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

i really need a "B" release skill on bars but i am terrified of them now because 3 months ago i was working release and fell from the high bar and landed on my neck causing brusing to my neck and breaking my spine.... it was not a fun experiance so know i cant get my highest possible score because of lack of elements.... can anyone help me out????

Straddle cuts are Bs and shouldn't be too hard to learn. If you have a strong tap swing, then straddle backs also aren't too hard to learn IMO.

An Uprise 1/1 twist catch is a B release move. It's not often seen, but is very nice when done well. If you miss it, you'll just land on your feet.

I'm not sure what an overshoot is worth but it is a turning and a release move. we do sole circle shoot over to low bar kip. its not a blind skill which makes it not as scary as the straddle back. first work sole circle off high bar (away from low bar) and try flying over a set of panel mats or a trapezoid. then try turning. make sure the trap is set away as much as the low bar would be. also when youre ready to transition to the low bar, shoot over w/ a sting mat over it and a mat stack to land on and then try removing mats.

A bail (overshoot) counts as a release, not as an element with a long axis turn. Moreover, one skill can only fulfill one requirement.

Straddle backs aren't all that hard if you have a good tap swing, and IMO when they are well done they're stunning to watch! That "flying" in it is so fun :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back