Getting back to training all 6

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Geoffrey Taucer

Staff member
Gold Membership
Coach
Gymnast
After three yeas as a floor specilist, I've finally gotten new grips and decided to start training all six events again.

Anybody else ever do anything like this? Like, stop doing an event (or stop training altogether) for a few years and then get back into it? How did it go?

Great job. I hope evreything goes well and you have fun!

And no, I've always trained all events.

After three yeas as a floor specilist, I've finally gotten new grips and decided to start training all six events again.

Anybody else ever do anything like this? Like, stop doing an event (or stop training altogether) for a few years and then get back into it? How did it go?

I stopped at 18...I was better at 21 with no practice. I forget how old you are...but if your 19-22 (23, 24...maybe 25) you shouldn't have too much of a problem. After that (I'm 28), it gets tougher. Things pull, twist, and tear much easier.:mad:

Did a flyaway off highbar today for the first time in four years, overcomming a massive mental block (I landed on my head doing a double back four years ago and hadn't done a flyaway off bars since. Until tonight)

Still not doing it from a giant, and still not doing doubles, but hey, it's a start.

It's been a while....how's the training going?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back