Getting Everything Back!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I went through a little trauma {is that the word?} a few months ago that caused me to lose a lot of skills. I had a bad fall on beam and, for a while after, I couldn't do any balancing. I completely lost my cartwheel on beam, even though I had it on high beam, and had to restart on the floor beam and work my way back up. I was too scared to do a squat-on on bars, a back-walkover on low beam, and a back handspring.

But today, everything suddenly got better.

I finally got the nerve to go back up on low beam {haha} and do my cartwheel. I did one and stuck it perfectly. The minute I was about to do another, I heard my coach and turned to her. She was pointing at the high beam. So I got up, took a deep breath, and went for it. I landed, but fell off the side. I was just happy I landed, though! Then, after a few more tries, I landed it 4 times in a row! :D It felt so good to be doing cartwheels on high beam again.

I also got my squat-on jump to high, and I didn't miss the bar in my squat-on ONCE. In fact, mine were so good, the coaches even spotted me on a long-hand pullover!

Plus, I tried a back-walkover on floor beam, after I hadn't done them on any kind of beam for months. The first few times, my hands missed the beam. But, finally, I started doing it with my hands on the beam! :D It's not much, but I know soon I'll be doing them on low beam, then high beam.

And, finally, my back handspring. I don't exactly know why it got terrible all of a sudden. But it did, and for months I had the worst back handspring in the entire group. But I did it today, with a spot, almost perfectly! :D They said I had a really light spot and should be doing it by myself if I kept up the good work. :3

Today was probably one of the best gymnastics classes EVER. xD

OH! I forgot the best part!!! My coaches said that if I do this well the next 2 classes...

*drumroll*

They are moving me up to TEAM! :D I can't believe it! :D:D:D

That is awesome, good for you!! I think it's actually really good that you fell off the beam after your cartwheel, because that way your mind can realize that even if yu fall, you won't necessarily hurt yourself.

Keep up the great work!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back