Parents getting stones off leo

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

emorymom

Proud Parent
I have a leo where some of the stones have fallen off. Is there a tried and true gentle way to remove the others so that it looks good? I don't want to damage the material.

Have not come across this but I wonder if it wouldbe easier to purchase add'l stones at a craft store and apply them where the old ones came off.

At hobby lobby or michaels you can purchase crystals that are called hot fix and you can replace the ones that have fallen off with an iron. Just be careful not to damage the material when applying them. You can also buy a tool to appy them but then you are spending more money. However I have added crystals to leos that did not have any at all pretty cheap and it really changes the way the leo looks!!

DD has a leo that 2 stones have fallen off - but she found them and brought them home for me to re-attach. Does anyone know what sort of glue I'm supposed to use?

Well, these are not rhinestones and I'm not sure I will find a match for what is missing. They are two shapes of gold and one shape of pink enamel.

If the stones are just glued on, you could try a hair-dryer or putting the leo in the freezer. Both methods have worked for me when I was trying to remove super-sticky price labels. Goo-be-gone stuff is normally a petroleum derivative and can be VERY stinky, so I'd be careful with chemicals.

I have had leos where the stones have fallen off and i mailed the leos back to GK (they were GK leos and I had paid a fortune for them!) and they replaced the stones and sent the leos back to me with no charge. One i even sent them the week before a meet (of course it was her competitive one) and told them I needed it back in hand the next Thursday and I got it back by then and never had another issue.:)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back