Parents Getting stuck on rings upside down

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

roses25

Proud Parent
I have a level 7 gymnast. Has anyone else had trouble with their son getting stuck on the rings upside down at meets?

My son got stuck last year twice (two different meets) in level 6 and he said there were little wires sticking out or something. He’s terrified of going to this gym again. Any suggestions?

I have never heard of that happenning. Definitely sounds like an equipment problem.

Like, his pants got stuck? It's a braided cable so I guess it could be frayed but that's kind of unusual.

Reactions: sce
Oh wow. Did he mention this to the coach? Was it at the same gym both times?

Reactions: sce
My son has gotten stuck but was able to pull his pants away. I think it may happen to the shorter guys sometimes.

I am trying to understand how this would happen. What is he getting stuck on? What move was he doing at the time? Are his pommel pants baggy/loose?

I am trying to understand how this would happen. What is he getting stuck on? What move was he doing at the time? Are his pommel pants baggy/loose?
more questions, does the coach know that he is still afraid because this happened during the season? Does the coach have a solution?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back