Parents Getting to know each other thread...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

1. How many kids do you have? I have 3 children How old?6,4,2 What grade? 1st grade, pre-school and none yet
2. How many years has your child(ren) been in gymnastics? the 6 yr old ds 2 1/2 yrs, the 4yr old dd 2 1/2 yrs, the 2yr old ds2 6 months
3. What level is your gymnast(s)? ds is on pre-team, dd rec, and ds2 mom and me
4. Do you work? I have my own home business How do you juggle your job/gymnastics if so? I am fortunate I can attend every class any day or time
5. What do you love about gymnastics/dislike about gymnastics? I love that it teaches my children discipline, coordination and gives them strength and confidence in themselves
6. Tell us about YOU! I am a former gymnast and I am excited to see if my children love it as much as I did. If not we will find something else for them. In the meantime I will enjoy watching them learn new tricks and be so proud of their accomplishment.

Introduction

1. How many kids do you have? How old? What grade?
3 boys:
Tyler - 10 in 4th grade
Colby- 7 in 2nd grade
Nick- 6 in Kindergarten

2. How many years has your child(ren) been in gymnastics?
Colby is our only gymnast! He started in March 2008. So, this month it will be 2 years!

3. What level is your gymnast(s)?
He is Level 4 Boy's Team and this is his first competiton season. :)

4. Do you work? How do you juggle your job/gymnastics if so?
I am a teacher. Colby is in the gym Tu, Th, and Saturday for a total of 9 hours a week. My dear hubby and I work together to make the schedule work for Colby and the activities that our other sons participate in (Scouts, basketball, and baseball).

5. What do you love about gymnastics/dislike about gymnastics?
I love that our son is so happy and has found a passion SO YOUNG!! WOW!! I love that gymnastics is unique for boys. He is proud to be a "competitive" gymnast. It is so fun to watch him learn a new skill & be so proud of himself.

The cost of gymnastics is the only "negative"! LOL!

6. Tell us about YOU!
I love being a Mommy to three boys that keep me entertained and busy. I adore being a teacher and workikng with children everyday! :D

. How many kids do you have? How old? What grade?
2 girls, but only 1 gymnast
age 12, 6th grade

She has been on team for 5 yrs

level 7.

4. Do you work? How do you juggle your job/gymnastics if so?
Yes I do work, but thankfully my job is flexible enough to get her to the gym when she needs to be there.

5. What do you love about gymnastics/dislike about gymnastics?
I love that she is becoming more confident, I hate the nasty way her teamates can be, and that the coaches dont seem to notice/care. good sportsmanship is not emphasized

6. Tell us about YOU!
we love to hang out as a family, love being with our kids, they are a lot of fun., love to camp/hike/yoga/run.

Last edited:
1. How many kids do you have? How old? What grade?

Collin, ds#1 is 15 1/2, freshman, and just got his learner's permit:eek: He was a competitive karate student for 11 years and reached the rank of kenpo 4th degree black belt. Then he decided he wanted to play the guitar only...go figure.
Christian, ds#2 is 9, 3rd grade, and started taking gym(in dec) when his lil sister got stronger than him. He is level 3 right now, and he has been asked to move to the level 4 preteam...however, he plays baseball and basketball, so he is trying to decide what he wants to concentrate on...
Maliya, my only dd just had her 7th birthday,she's in 1st grade and she is currently on the level 4 preteam. She will be moving to level 4 team in June. She's been in gym for about a year now.
Cruz, our baby and #3 boy is almost 4. He just went to his first open gym and has been bitten by the gym bug, so we hope to enroll him in a preschool class soon.

4. Do you work? How do you juggle your job/gymnastics if so? I have a work from home job, which is great, because the hours are very flexible. I am the "chauffer" to everything the kids are involved in. My husband works crazy hours, and he foots the bill! lol

5. What do you love about gymnastics/dislike about gymnastics? I love to watch the kids...they seem to love it so much! I love that it keeps them crazy physically fit. I love the new friends I have made from being at the gym, and I also love to watch the competitive kids who are levels above mine...even tho it freaks me out to think my kids may be doing those tricks in the future...yikes! scary!! So far, no dislikes, except that our gym is kindof a long drive away from us. We aren't into the realms of competition quite yet, so I'm sure I will develop some! lol

6. Tell us about YOU!
I am all about my husband and family. If I have any "me" hobbies, I guess it would be that I sing in my church choir, and I get to do special music every month, and sometimes I sing for weddings, etc. I have no gymnastics background myself, even tho I find it fascinating! I was a musical theatre brat, and a ballerina in my pre children days. Oh, and my husband drag races...we spent 5 years racing professionally for chrysler on the IHRA circut...his dragster could do the 1/4 mile in 6 sec. and reach top speeds of over 200mph. I guess that's where my kids get their fearlessness from...

New here!

1. How many kids do you have? 3- 2 girls and 1 boy How old? 13 yo girl 12 yo boy and 8 yo girl What grade? They are home schooled and in 8th, 6th and 2nd/3rd
2. How many years has your child(ren) been in gymnastics? This is our 4th year
3. What level is your gymnast(s)? My oldest is training level 7 and the youngest is a level 4
4. Do you work? yes How do you juggle your job/gymnastics if so? I run my business from home
5. What do you love about gymnastics/dislike about gymnastics? My children have become more confident and it teaches them to set goals and strive for something. It brings then closer to God because they know they could not do it without Him by their sides. Gymnastics makes them so strong!!
6. Tell us about YOU! I'm a pageant wear designer and have been sewing since I was 16. My Children are my inspiration. When the girls were little I put them in a couple pageants and then decided to start making dresses the business took off from there. Although the girls were not too interested in pageants they found interest in other sports and them came the best sport of all....GYMNASTICS!!! About 4 years ago I started making my daughter there leotard and they received sooo many compliments and got a lot of attention from them. This year I have decided to start selling them!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back