Giant troublee ughhhhh

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

B

beamqueen1116

Hi,
Okay so I am terrified of giants. last summer i peeled doing on and had 2 go to the emergency room and everything... luckily nothing to bad happened except for a ligament tear in my back. i have to have them to go level 7 which i really really want to but i dont know if i can get them before june? any advice? help! :confused:

So there are many posts about this with good advice. Read them but also here is my story. I think I posted half of them because my DD had issues for about 1 1/2 years. The bottom line is gaining your confidence back.

She went back to strap bar and worked her way to pit bar and then finally uneven bars. Believe it or not her first one without a spot was this year at her first meet. She was a 2nd year level 7. She did 2 clear hips the year before. She had a very patient coach who assured time after time it would come.

Finally it did and she is very proud of them and has learned a lot. She finally retrained her mind that she could do them and wrote "canso" on her hands for weeks.

So be strong, confident and start at the basics and gain your confidence and find a short phrase to retrain the voice in your head. Most of all be patient and don't rush the process.

I know you can do it and look forward to hearing about them

hey. i agree the main thing is confidence again... i peeled off pit and hit a mat but you just need some good teamates and coaches to scream for you and go for it. thats wat i did. good luck!

One of the girls (actually several) at my gym is also terrified of giants... mostly because she doesnt like pit, so she does giants on low bar. it seems to help a lto, and then after awhile, she just tries them on high bar... and it worked!!!

okay. the best thing to do is to just keep tryin them. my coach always says we are in a sport and youre gonna fall but you gotta just keep tryin again. i have peeled of the bar too. try having your coach spot you for some on a low bar and when you feel comfortable there have them spot you for some on pit bar. you will get it back. good luck. :)

If you have a strap bar available to you, i would do some giants there first. And then when those feel comfortable, move on the the pit bar. After that, I would have your coach spot you or at least stand there when you do them. The last time I did giants without a spot I peeled backwards and landed on my neck :p Hope this helps and good luck!

One of the girls (actually several) at my gym is also terrified of giants... mostly because she doesnt like pit, so she does giants on low bar. it seems to help a lto, and then after awhile, she just tries them on high bar... and it worked!!!

... this is exactly what my DD's coach is doing for her. She, too, is afraid trying to learn giants over the pit bar.

if your having trouble use a strap bar first. youll get more comfortable with it. then tell your coach that you think that your ready to go to the uneven bars. be more confident with yourself. dont waste your time worrying, just say you can do it and what happend befor wont happen again. dont worry about the past. you can do it! talk to me!! my user name is shawnfan

sincerly,
shawnfan

Last edited:
try using strap bar like the other sed. then try doing sum on the low bar. thats what i did wen i first learned them cus i had a really big fear of them and being up so high. i still am working on getting them.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back