MAG Giants

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

dmbgymnast

Gymnast
I have no idea if this is the appropriate forum to ask this, feel free to move it need be!
So I’m a WAG gymnast, and I don’t watch a whole lot of MAG. I’ve noticed on high bar before dismounts, men tend to change their form on their giants. The whole arch thing they do seems to get them more power, but are they deducted for not having a perfectly laid out body position? Just something that’s always been on my mind :)

I have no idea if this is the appropriate forum to ask this, feel free to move it need be!
So I’m a WAG gymnast, and I don’t watch a whole lot of MAG. I’ve noticed on high bar before dismounts, men tend to change their form on their giants. The whole arch thing they do seems to get them more power, but are they deducted for not having a perfectly laid out body position? Just something that’s always been on my mind :)

GOod question. That is a chinese tap. It is the way men get the power to do their dismounts. It is a pike, arch, kick. Without this, they would not have the power to get the dismounts they do.

Elements that are performed in a way that they have a special purpose, such as a modified giant swing before a dismount or a release move, should not receive a deduction.

Elements that are performed in a way that they have a special purpose, such as a modified giant swing before a dismount or a release move, should not receive a deduction.
It's a certain type of tap, not considered part of the giant as much a it is a tap into a skill. This is one of the many oddities you will see between MAG and WAG.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back