Giants!!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

F

flippinoutgymnast

:eek:I cant seem to make it around the bar smoothly and i doont understand why. i tried tapping later and earlyer but it just doent seem to work if anyone has any addvice do tell.

The ideal tap position would be directly under the high bar, followed by quickly and forcefully kicking your toes up and over the bar in a hollow position. You may be shifting your wrists too early--that'll cause you to put the brakes on and miss the giant. I suggest trying to shift your wrists later and concentrate on coming over the top hollow with your toes first.

Thanks ill have to try that when i get back inot thr gym...... I just today had surgery soo ill be out untill Saturday or Monday =]

Thanks again and ill have to let you know if it works!!!!! ;)

Surgery

I had very very bad alleriges and when i was 8 i had my adnoides and tonsils taken out and now im 13 my adnoides have grown back and were cloggong up my air way through my nose 100%. So i went today and gotten them taken out. Also i have asthma and so not being able to breath out of my nose is a pretty hard thing. :eek:

aww that stinks. I got my tonsils out summer 06 maybe? right before I moved up to level 7. then I couldnt do like anything when I came back from it haha

This is kind of random, but do you really get to eat a lot of ice cream when you get your tonsils out?

well my parents got me ice cream and sorbet and water ice and all but I didn't really want to eat it bc my throat hurt so bad but when it was almost better I ate a lot!

:eek:I cant seem to make it around the bar smoothly and i doont understand why. i tried tapping later and earlyer but it just doent seem to work if anyone has any addvice do tell.
try tapping right under the lower bar. Watch your feet pass by the low bar and then tap and make sure to flick your wrists. Also, make sure you have a high cast. The higher the cast the easier the giant.

1. cast to handstand, the first time you do it you have to wait as you fall longer
2. come down and watch the low bar
3. be in a hollow position if you are arched, you'll never make it
4. tap underneath the low bar, think of it as a tight arch
5. flick your lower body in a hollow position around the bar
6. shift your wrists late, DO NOT: -let your head come out, -arch around, or -let your elbows lock b/c you can get hurt
good luck!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back