WAG Gilde kip: how to spot?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Stand to the side and step in at the right time. If you are on a block for kip cast to handstand, they have to pike or they will kick the block.

How do you spot straddle gilde kips without getting kicked and without the girls being scared of them kicking you?
Well the legs should cone together at the peak of the glide, then you start spotting as they snap their feet to the bar. Hand on their leg abs hand on their back. They should never need to be in straddle while you are spotting them.

If you're going to spot a straddle glide, it will be easier to stand on the side of the bar they are on when they start their jump and then reach under the bar.

But it will probably be easier all together if they are not small to take the glide away first from the kip segment and work just the glides in a row separately.

So they would do a drop kip with you, go try a run out kip rather than gliding into it, and then 3 straddle glides in a row shifting hands. You could add smaller stations like bands or sit ups or leg lifts related to the kip too of course.

Well the legs should cone together at the peak of the glide, then you start spotting as they snap their feet to the bar. Hand on their leg abs hand on their back. They should never need to be in straddle while you are spotting them.

Where I stand to spot kips general they would def kick me if they straddle. Because I also spot the younger ones onto a squat on out of it. But if I'm spotting kips they do pike glides because I currently don't coach older girls at the level of needing spot on a glide kip. But I get where the question comes from. If I do help a kid doing a straddle glide, then I just stand on the side of the bar they're starting on, rather than the high bar side.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back