GK..not getting leos on time

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

flippin out

Proud Parent
After reading another posters thread in which she was saying the GK leos that were ordered will NOT be there in time for the 1st meet, I was just curious how big a problem this has become this season.

I know of at least 9 gyms (in all different parts of the US) that have the same problem :eek:!!! Not the sales rep's fault or the gym management fault. The paperwork and $$ were turned in in plenty of time and the paperwork is there to prove it.......BUT.... GK claims in each of these cases to have 'LOST' the order??????? WTH! How can a company of this size 'lose' so many orders? I know at least 2 of these gyms will not be giving GK a chance again, they have had it and will be ordering from a different company in the future. Very sad for the Rep who's income this effects, I feel bad for them, as it was not their fault. Gym owners are upset, parents are upset, the Rep's are upset.....:(

So - how many of you are having leo issues this year? With GK or any other manufacturer???

We're all kitted out now, but it took a reeeeeally long time to get our boys' team's singlets. I'm sure glad they did the measurements in the summer, despite the fact that our first meet isn't until Dec.!

We use GK for our L4-6 long sleeve leos. I know they normally take about 12 weeks. This season we didnt need any so no personal experience but I have heard of others with the same problem.

how disappointing for the kids to not have their leos in time.l

Glad that you got your's in time :). I think most orders are placed with GK in the summer (july/early aug) for leos that aren't needed until Dec/Jan competition time. I don't think any of the 'lost' orders were placed late. If it weren't for gym owners calling to check on orders - it would be even worse (wouldn't matter if the order had been placed in May...wouldn't help b/c they lost them).

I think they need a new system for putting orders into the system there.

Maybe ALL leo manufacturers are having issues this year and it's not just GK? It just seems that way?

Ours were supposed to be delivered 2 weeks before the first meet. On or around the due-date they called and said that there had been a hold-up and they quoted a date AFTER our first meet. HC said that was unacceptable. As a new team we couldn't even fall back on last-year's leos. They agreed to send us something... They said if our leos weren't ready, they'd send us something. Luckily we did get ours... The day before the meet! Cutting it a bit close, but I guess I have to say that they did deliver.

While discussing (ie complaining about) this situation, another mom told me that the year before, on her dd's team, the colors had bled on EVERYONE'S GK leos. GK said they wouldn't replace them and that they had obviously washed them incorrectly, but it happened to the entire team!

Our boys had this problem last year, so this year the girls ordered earlier than usual and still had this problem again! Hard explaining to parents that "no it's not our fault, we did actually order early! "

Our gym ordered our L6 and up team leos back in the summer from GK. They told us in October they will not be ready now until sometime in January. By then, the girls have just 2 meets left :(

We ordered in June for levels 5-10 & Prep Opt (our 2's, 3's, and 4's wear a short sleeved leo). We were assured we'd have them by Halloween. Our first meet was October 31st and we've had 2 meets since. We won't get our leos now until after Christmas! It's crazy.

Wow sounds like lots of people have been let down. Which manufactureres do you think have given you the best customer service and quality?

Our gym has not had any problems with Alpha Factor either :). I do know that GK is now doing cheerleading uniforms and it seems like all the cheer gyms are switching to GK for their unis. Maybe GK is just bombarded by orders across the board and can't keep up? Still, it is totally unacceptable to promise a delivery and then not follow through :(.

GK is really dissapointing this year. We got our initial order when promised but it was a ridiculously long time from order to reciept- 4 months. We have had some girls join our team since then ( August) and we are having even longer wait times for their stuff. We asked for rush orders and ponied up the extra $$ but then were told GK isn't taking any rush orders at this time.

It seems ridiculous to me that a company with so much business cannot increase their production to meet the demand. There will be a lot of teams taking their money elsewhere if GK doesn't get it together. We have always had long wait times, lost orders, had to send stuff back that was not made well- but they always came through at the last minute with something acceptable. It doesn't seem to be happening that way this year.

Glad our team didn't go for GK leos this year- though we are only ordering stock leos. It seems strange that such a well established company is having these kinds of problems, but some of the other big name companies should probably be preparing themselves to pick up the slack next season. GK is one of the more expensive brands out there too, for the amount of money gyms and parents are forking over to them they really should have exceptional quality and service.

Our leos from GK were ordered beginning of August and are still not here.
We ordered a leo from online, not a custom one. First GK sent all the leos, in only two sizes and without any gems on them. We sent those back and just two days ago we got another package from them but it only contained two leos period. It was the correct leo but only 2 out of 17 leos ordered. One AXS and one Child Medium. Why only two and those two is beyond me.

Our gym has not had any problems with Alpha Factor either :). I do know that GK is now doing cheerleading uniforms and it seems like all the cheer gyms are switching to GK for their unis. Maybe GK is just bombarded by orders across the board and can't keep up? Still, it is totally unacceptable to promise a delivery and then not follow through :(.

You're probably right about the being bombarded with cheer and not expecting that, But... I would've expected a company as large as GK to recognize a problem much earlier and take steps to remedy the issue. Either by hiring more for production, or by advising of the delays at the time of ordering. Even if the extra orders are a problem, still have an issue with so many 'lost' orders (gk claiming to have not received the orders when the paperwork is there to back up the dates orders were sent and received to gk).

I'm sure that all leo places have issues with orders (no one is perfect after all).....it just seems that there is an extreme # of issues this year :(. Hopefully the issues are recognized and fixed soon.

Our compulsories have competed two meets and we still don't have the leo's we've ordered from GK! We are using old styles in the same colors and hand-me-down's to get by, but people who paid so much for leo's are getting frustrated!

count us in with extreme problems with gk. Very disappointed. Our order originally was supposed to take 8 weeks(by their reps promise), now they are saying it will be 16 weeks. what!? We are looking at Alpha Factor, but hc is hesitant bc he is so used to gk. With all of the good reviews from my good friends here, I am willing to try it!

Here is another pet peeve...how come when you leave messages at gk to call, they return your call on friday right before they close for the weekend...?? then there is no help but to wait until monday to try to resolve any issues. This has happened to me twice now...I am so fed up!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back