WAG GK Outlet?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

MaryA

Proud Parent
Proud Parent
We're headed to a Reading for PA level 8 States this weekend. Does anyone know if the GK outlet still exists? I've heard of it but have never been. When I google "gk outlet reading" a place called "Down East" comes up. The very basic web page alludes to GK but doesn't specifically mention the brand by name. I assume that's the place? DD's birthday money is burning a hole in her pocket...

It was open as of Summer 2013 so I am 99% sure it is still open!

It is not in the best part of town so I wouldn't go there alone at night but other than that you will be okay!

Have fun and good luck to your daughter at states :)

You can just call them too, I have many times. Be prepared to be overwhelmed by the number of Leo they have. Place is awesome. Though the area it is in is quite interesting,

I sent them an email last night. If I haven't heard from them by tomorrow (when they're supposed to be open) I'll give them a call. We'll be sure to lock the car. ;)

Sorry, bumped reply Button too soon! It was open around thanksgiving and yes, it's in a very dodgy part of town so go in the daylight! Good deals and LOTS of Leos - you could be there a loooong time!

It is a fantastic place! You and DD will have an absolute blast (well, maybe DD more than you ;)). I found many treasures there during my gym days.

One of the reasons I wondered if it was still open is that the gym hosting States (Berks) listed all of the things to do in the area for people traveling to Reading for States, and this place was not on the list, which I would have thought it would be. But now I'm wondering if maybe they didn't list it because I'm sure there will be someone selling GK leos (for full price) at the meet so maybe they didn't want to suggest the outlet as a destination.

One of the reasons I wondered if it was still open is that the gym hosting States (Berks) listed all of the things to do in the area for people traveling to Reading for States, and this place was not on the list, which I would have thought it would be. But now I'm wondering if maybe they didn't list it because I'm sure there will be someone selling GK leos (for full price) at the meet so maybe they didn't want to suggest the outlet as a destination.
That's odd they didn't mention them as Down East and Berks are very much connected with one another. It used to be when you walked in there were news clippings of Berks gymnasts all over the entrance. They are even listed as a sponsor of the Berks program on their website: http://www.berksgymnastics.com/links/friends-and-supporters

A GK salesperson on site would be my only guess as well.

That's odd. Here's the list of things to do in the area...

Things to do in the area:
The Pagoda VF Outlet Center Berkshire Mall
Cabela’s Blue Marsh Lake Crystal Cave
Calvaresi Winery Reading Phillies Golfing
GoggleWorks Center for the Arts Hawk Mountain

No mention of GK outlet or "Down East" even though other outlet shopping is listed. But I did hear back from Down East and they are open, so we'll definitely be checking it out! Thanks for all of your recommendations! :)

Maybe another leo company is sponsoring level 8 States? I have ordered from Down East many times, they are awesome! Good luck MaryA to your daughter and I hope she makes regionals! Our level 8 States are next week. Fingers crossed no one crashes and burns. lol

No chance of making regionals, so no stress worrying about whether she's going to make regionals. ;)

Wow - states already! Dd's is the first weekend in April, with mo meets from now until then. Good luck to your dds, Mary and rgmom.

Wish we lived closer to PA. Would love to take dd to that outlet.

Yes, it is in not the best area of town, but it isn't terrible. Just be smart & lock your car. There is no parking lot. You must park on the street.

I do think GK will be at the meet selling leos, too, but I don't know that leaving that off as "something to do" was intentional. It is an outlet, but it isn't with the other outlets, so that's why it might not have been listed.

I do think GK will be at the meet selling leos, too, but I don't know that leaving that off as "something to do" was intentional. It is an outlet, but it isn't with the other outlets, so that's why it might not have been listed.
Yes, but you'd think that a GK outlet would be pretty high on the list of "things to do" for most gymnasts!

Yes, but you'd think that a GK outlet would be pretty high on the list of "things to do" for most gymnasts!
But there is usually a GK vendor at all "big" meets. If they advertise the Outlet store, ppl may spend less at the meet... but while you are there, if you wanna pick up an AM neon green or pink or Breast Cancer Awareness leo or an AXS Pink or blue or red or BCA leotard for me ($25 or less max), I would gladly pay you for them :) lol

Especially when the meet is in Reading and there isn't a whole heck of a lot else to do! Though they also forgot the Tom Sturgis Pretzel store where you can buy any kind of pretzel you could possibly want which is another of Reading's finest attractions.

We're headed to a Reading for PA level 8 States this weekend. Does anyone know if the GK outlet still exists? I've heard of it but have never been. When I google "gk outlet reading" a place called "Down East" comes up. The very basic web page alludes to GK but doesn't specifically mention the brand by name. I assume that's the place? DD's birthday money is burning a hole in her pocket...
We were there in Nov and it was open. Great place, bad neighborhood though.

Though they also forgot the Tom Sturgis Pretzel store where you can buy any kind of pretzel you could possibly want which is another of Reading's finest attractions.
Oh good. I'll add that to our list of things to do which, so far, includes GK Outlet, take-out Indian or Thai food, and eating said take-out in front of cable TV in hotel room (DD's twin sister is a very picky eater, so we try to eat things she doesn't like when she's not with us, and we don't have cable TV at home). We're pretty wild and crazy, aren't we?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back